Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Gateway timed constantly, the site is unusable.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I've lost count of how many days it has been but trying to get on the forum has been nigh on impossible. Constant Gateway Timeouts all day. I've managed to get on twice and both times moving from thread to thread has been painfully slow.
This is by far the worst website I can recall in terms of accessibility. Larian pay money for this?

Last edited by Beechams; 25/08/23 09:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
It is really bad. Makes one wonder how many millions of games have to be sold to get a working a website.

addict
addict
I think the server the forums are hosted on are potatoes run by hamsters.

I keep getting that gateway error during heavy traffic times, which unfortunately involve evenings EU time so I'm a bit miffed about that. My best times to use the forums are like 4 am CEST.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke
This place is struggling. I actually went to the BG3 subreddit today, though not for long. I feel sullied.

The subreddit is great.

Guess it depends on your sense of humor. Some of the garbo on there is *hilarious*.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by NorimizuRintarou
Gateway timed constantly, the site is unusable.

Forum performance are really bad. Also the template, UI, must be improved.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, my experience since the outage at around release time is that the forum is less often just really slow, but gateway timeouts are more frequent. I still think it might be better on average, but still clearly rubbish.

I do know that Larian are aware that the forums are creaking and in desperate need of an upgrade to a more up-to-date platform. It's just not a small job. Hopefully once things have calmed down a little after the game releases they'll have some attention to spare for the forums. We can but hope.

I'll admit that at the moment, my biggest gripe is that since the outage lots of people aren't getting email notifications from the forums, including me which is a pain for moderation. I know it's also preventing new forum members from signing up.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Impossible to get to the forums yesterday, predictably. I mean, it was even worse than usual.

It was a good move to update the patch #1 post and redirect the bug list to another server. smile

It would make sense to upgrade to a more decent forum engine in the near future, but they could also just fix the server setup now - they'll have to do it anyway. I don't think this is such a big job in comparison to changing the engine, but it requires someone with the right skills; it's not something they should assign internally.

veteran
veteran
Baldur's Gateway 504 grin

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
The forum’s down down down
Down down down
Down down down

To a stutter

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

W
veteran
veteran
W
It went from being consistently slow to vacillating between working just fine or not at all. I don’t know which I dislike more.

veteran
veteran
I really have to say that the technical state of Larian's forum is honestly the absolute worst I've ever seen for a gaming company.

Back in 2020 these forums did not even work for me whatsoever as I was playing through DOS2 for such a long time so I seriously thought that Larian's forums didn't exist anymore and they just forgot to remove the button from the launcher, so seeing that 3 years since then nothing has changed in terms of technical performance is seriously embarrassing when such a massively talented and successful company has a forum that is constantly breaking, not responding and even throwing weird errors such as "This account has been suspended".

Especially because this is Baldur's Gate now, it's massively popular and they're still using this God forsaken forum ran by a hamster behind the scenes that seems to fall out of its wheel every two days grin

Makes me think this is how the forums were initially constructed;

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Baldur's Gateway 504 grin

hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

old hand
old hand
So many gateway timeouts, that one time I kept clicking refresh and the previous comment I made went up like 8 times in a row, and trying to delete them leads to another gateway error.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
they're still using this God forsaken forum ran by a hamster behind the scenes

Clearly they need an upgrade. To a miniature giant space hamster.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, I was having a hard time last night and afternoon time before work. All I get now is gateway timed out non-stop.

B
old hand
old hand
B
For me it has been hit or miss all week. A pity there is no way to turn off karmic dice in user preferences.

Still a lot of 504 this morning.

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Additionally, a 504 Gateway Timeout error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

addict
addict
Lots of it last night too (CEST).

Please get new server hardware or something.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard