Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by howlingSun
I will play a lvl 12 wizard. If I find out that you need to play as a CHA character in the game I would want a refund.
You don't technically *have* to play a face character strictly speaking...but you would miss out on A LOT of opportunities. A HUGE amount of dialogue options are laced with persuasion/deception/intimidation that let you change a lot of stuff. Like if you want to romance Minthara and Lae'zel...both evil aligned characters and both come at you in a very dominating fashion...but if you submit to them and can't pass your checks there's a good change their romance lines will lead to your death. You kind of have to assert some control in those relationships. And beyond that still there are combat scenarios you can avoid entirely if you are able to pass speech checks not to mention that if you want to go undercover as a true soul that will require speech checks, etc. So classes like rogues which are skill monkeys or charisma based classes will have a lot more options in terms of how they approach and handle many aspects of the story while if you lack those proficiencies and charisma odds are you will have to push through a lot of stuff the hard way.

..Where is the fun in asserting dominance in romance? The Party Leader needs some ..downtime! Or that is just me.

But honestly, I do not think that failing an intimidation/persuasion/deception roll will lead to a bad end, maybe to a worse end though. Also, we might be able to explore and get informations that make it easier?

As much as I love playing face characters, I do plan on forcing myself to make a character that hasn't any of the three interaction-proficiencies. Just to see how that plays.