veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Poll results:
Shadowheart vs. Karlach
Halsin vs. Astarion

Battles for the ages.
Karlach I don't know about...her being or at least trying her best to be good is problematic to say the least. Now we know that at least some of the other companions can be guided towards evil so maybe there is some redemption possible for her. But her being a barbarian is also a weird fit for an evil party...we already have Minthara as a paladin and Lae'zel to serve as frontline tanks...for the third member of the party we need a healer or a caster, not another tank. Especially if the player wants to be a fighter or barbarian or some such too.

This is a bit off topic but I fear Karlach won't fit in a good aligned party. It's been speculated that her heart needs soul coins to operate. But when you use a soul coin to operate an infernal machine it tortures the soul to death and it screams entire time while its soul is being burnt away - see 4:45

veteran
veteran
EDIT:
Evil Halsin and Evil Minsc?
[Linked Image from ]

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Icelyn
EDIT:
[Linked Image from ]
There’s no laws against the bear, Icelyn! I’m going do whatever I want with it!

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
W
veteran
veteran
W
EDIT:
[Linked Image from ]

I don’t even know how one could go about corrupting Minsc. If you do anything remotely evil in his company he will probably just try to kick your ass.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Warlocke
EDIT:
[Linked Image from ]

I don’t even know how one could go about corrupting Minsc. If you do anything remotely evil in his company he will probably just try to kick your ass.
T A D P O L E

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Doomlord
As a hetero sexual male, I feel I have little choice in the matter.

1. Shadowheart, cool her actress/model is beautiful, and as stated in other posts I like her.

2. LAE'ZEL, I do like her attitude. But no. She isn't even human/Dwarven How do we even know how her... you know... work.

3. Lastly KARLACH, yet again not even human/Dwarven. Not to mention she smells of brimstone.

So straight Human/dwarf.. goes with out love. lol
On point 2:
Given you can customise genitalia in the character creator and can select githyanki (or Tiefling) as a race, it follows that githyanki have compatible genitalia.

Ok Ok, still No. I am not having sex with aliens or devils, lol :)~
Actually Tieflings are more human than Half-Elves, Tieflings are three quarters human and one quarter devil/demon.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
As a hetero sexual male, I feel I have little choice in the matter.

1. Shadowheart, cool her actress/model is beautiful, and as stated in other posts I like her.

2. LAE'ZEL, I do like her attitude. But no. She isn't even human/Dwarven How do we even know how her... you know... work.

3. Lastly KARLACH, yet again not even human/Dwarven. Not to mention she smells of brimstone.

So straight Human/dwarf.. goes with out love. lol
On point 2:
Given you can customise genitalia in the character creator and can select githyanki (or Tiefling) as a race, it follows that githyanki have compatible genitalia.

Ok Ok, still No. I am not having sex with aliens or devils, lol :)~
Actually Tieflings are more human than Half-Elves, Tieflings are three quarters human and one quarter devil/demon.

One of my favorite storys, War of the Spider Queen, you meet an Alu-Fiend,

Aliisza was an alu-fiend (child of a succubus and human) servant and consort of the half-demon Kaanyr Vhok. She was also a friend of the fallen astral deva Tauran and mother of Kael, a knight of Torm.

If my Player Character had been Pharaun Mizzrym, I too may have failed at my DC check against her lusty advances.

However, somthing about Karlach, I dont trust. I cant put my finger on it yet, Im sure it has nothing to do with what ever is going on in here chest. Yea who knows about future play throughs

Last edited by Doomlord; 27/07/23 03:07 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
This is a bit off topic but I fear Karlach won't fit in a good aligned party. It's been speculated that her heart needs soul coins to operate. But when you use a soul coin to operate an infernal machine it tortures the soul to death and it screams entire time while its soul is being burnt away - see 4:45

I honestly kinda doubt that. Soul Coins are a rare thing. It is actually possible to miss them all. So, does that mean that those who do not explore (and are to late to save a certain Tiefling) can not actually use Karlach? That makes little sense to me.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fox of Embers

I honestly kinda doubt that. Soul Coins are a rare thing. It is actually possible to miss them all. So, does that mean that those who do not explore (and are to late to save a certain Tiefling) can not actually use Karlach? That makes little sense to me.
Soul coins and the mechanic of that will certainly be interesting as will whether we can do anything else with them without Karlach. But Karlach herself is good aligned...maybe a bit too good aligned as I am not inclined to take her as part of my party. I'm sure she's not keen on having that thing in her. I wonder what happens to the infernal machine if we kill her. I am inclined to think it might be a lootable item that might be put to other uses and thus providing usefulness for soul coins without Karlach...or if a particularly evil character might want that thing put in him to increase his power. A situation not too different from Gale and his Netherese Destruction Orb.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Poll results:
Shadowheart vs. Karlach
Halsin vs. Astarion

Battles for the ages.
Karlach I don't know about...her being or at least trying her best to be good is problematic to say the least. Now we know that at least some of the other companions can be guided towards evil so maybe there is some redemption possible for her. But her being a barbarian is also a weird fit for an evil party...we already have Minthara as a paladin and Lae'zel to serve as frontline tanks...for the third member of the party we need a healer or a caster, not another tank. Especially if the player wants to be a fighter or barbarian or some such too.

Figures. If this is true then that's one less good companion from the already inadequate number of them.

Originally Posted by kanisatha
Figures. If this is true then that's one less good companion from the already inadequate number of them.

Ehm, that one is a very unlikely theory. Karlach is shown as a good person.
Also, good persons are actually the majority.

Wyll, while certainly not a saint, tries to be a good person. Would probably be Chaotic Good if the alignments where in.
Gale, he can be argued for Good or Neutral.

Halsin is definetly a good person. As is Minsc. And Jaheira was always only nominally Neutral, she is definetly good.

Evil? Astarion and Minthara, for sure. Lae'Zel is a jerk, but I think she might be closer to Lawful Neutral considering her unquestioning loyalty. She seems way to invested in Vlaakith advancement then her own, so I tend to not declare her evil. Shadowheart *wants* to be evil, but is (at the beginning) not very good at it.

So, 5-6 Good Companions vs 2-4 Evil companions, not counting possibilities of corruption/redemption.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

Wyll, while certainly not a saint, tries to be a good person. Would probably be Chaotic Good if the alignments where in.

Halsin is definetly a good person. As is Minsc. And Jaheira was always only nominally Neutral, she is definetly good.

Evil? Astarion and Minthara, for sure. Lae'Zel is a jerk, but I think she might be closer to Lawful Neutral considering her unquestioning loyalty. She seems way to invested in Vlaakith advancement then her own, so I tend to not declare her evil. Shadowheart *wants* to be evil, but is (at the beginning) not very good at it.

So, 5-6 Good Companions vs 2-4 Evil companions, not counting possibilities of corruption/redemption.
Lae’zel is pretty overtly sadistic (and racist) given the opportunity.

I never use her, so I am unsure here. laugh
But I put her in the 2-4 evil options.

Still less than good options.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

I never use her, so I am unsure here. laugh
But I put her in the 2-4 evil options.

Still less than good options.
All good. She just has the occasional heated gamer moment.

veteran
veteran
😮

There’s no laws against the bear, Icelyn! I’m going do whatever I want with it!
You could try, but then you would have to fight Nature’s Fury AND Boo!

veteran
veteran

No, this is your take on the characters. If alignments were being used in the game, Halsin, Karlach, and Minsc would be good, Lae'zel, Astarion, Shadowheart, and Minthara would be evil, and Gale, Wyll, and Jaheira would be neutral (where neutral does NOT conveniently count as good).

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

No, this is your take on the characters. If alignments were being used in the game, Halsin, Karlach, and Minsc would be good, Lae'zel, Astarion, Shadowheart, and Minthara would be evil, and Gale, Wyll, and Jaheira would be neutral (where neutral does NOT conveniently count as good).
Agree with most of this except Shadowheart, who could be a neutral wildcard depending on outcome. IIRC, you could change Viconia's alignment to neutral in BG2, yet she still remained a Cleric of Shar, no?

veteran
veteran

Agree with most of this except Shadowheart, who could be a neutral wildcard depending on outcome. IIRC, you could change Viconia's alignment to neutral in BG2, yet she still remained a Cleric of Shar, no?
Re. SH, fair enough. But at the very least she'd start out the game as 'evil,' and that is all that any of us can talk about with each other because everything else about her would be entirely dependant on the specific playthrough of each of us.

veteran
veteran
Ok so, hear me out this one, maybe a bit too spicy but what about Dark Urge and Orin...they seem made for each other lol. But on a more serious note I wonder if the Dark Urge will have different interactions with her since they're technically on the same side, both are avatars of Bhaal.

So the man who tries to be a hero, if a flawed one, and will under no circumstances be convinced to attack the refugees is ..neutral? Why? His Pact was an act of desperation and a mistake, it does not damn him. He is at heart a good person that has massive flaws. That does not make him evil. Even if you can push his flaws to turn him evil.

Gale.. I have a hard time placing him. So I will not really argue against him being more neutral. (Though he also objects to siding with Minthara).

Jaheira was always Neutral Good. Her being Neutral was a mechanics thing. Harpers are a good organization that want to do good (though I dislike them). *She* wants to do good. She always wanted good actions in BG2 and was against any darker actions.

I am honestly curious why you see Jaheira or Wyll as neutral?

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard