Originally Posted by Totoro
Originally Posted by howlingSun
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by howlingSun
I will play a lvl 12 wizard. If I find out that you need to play as a CHA character in the game I would want a refund.
You don't technically *have* to play a face character strictly speaking...but you would miss out on A LOT of opportunities. A HUGE amount of dialogue options are laced with persuasion/deception/intimidation that let you change a lot of stuff. Like if you want to romance Minthara and Lae'zel...both evil aligned characters and both come at you in a very dominating fashion...but if you submit to them and can't pass your checks there's a good change their romance lines will lead to your death. You kind of have to assert some control in those relationships. And beyond that still there are combat scenarios you can avoid entirely if you are able to pass speech checks not to mention that if you want to go undercover as a true soul that will require speech checks, etc. So classes like rogues which are skill monkeys or charisma based classes will have a lot more options in terms of how they approach and handle many aspects of the story while if you lack those proficiencies and charisma odds are you will have to push through a lot of stuff the hard way.

I think Swen made his last play through as a Druid, they are not CHA. Perhaps he has cheat codes or it wasn't fun, what do you think?
Lol. I didn't get the impression Sven cared about the dialog options. He seems to want to play a Githyanki Wizard who throws fireballs. He's only ever said nice things about Githyanki and Dragonborn and only ever said good things about Wizards and Monks (very recently, but it felt like he still preferred Wizard). I imagine he finds blowing shit up a lot more fun than chat.
Swen always struck me as a systems first, stories second kind of guy.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):