Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
... taking the Bard spellcasting/Performer feats? Might be able to get what you want and be pure wizard 12.

That's a great suggestion to forego ASI at wizard level 4 and take bard spellcasting. I haven't tried it, does that grant access to the cantrips too?

Eagle's splendor is good though it takes some time to get it and it's annoying to recast repeatedly. BG3 has the nice "add bonus" for guidance, friends, beacon of hope, etc. during the dialogue so you don't have to precast. (Doesn't do it for eagle's splendor, has that changed?)

The game provides so many non-combat options to resolve things that are often only available if you have high persuasion, intimidation or deception. I've played through EA numerous times, high and low charisma Tav, good neutral and evil playthroughs. It's quite clear for a first playthrough if you want to avoid some of the tedious combat (large number of enemies, lots of turn waiting) or unlock some outcomes especially on the "good" or virtuous hero path, you need high charisma. Or savescum which I don't want to do.

Another option would be to have one of the high CHA companion characters initiate key dialogues. I wish we could choose who's talking vs who's walking.