Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Originally Posted by Undomiel
Tav is an anonymous and random guy with nothing to tell..

That is entirely due to Tav being a player-generated character and therefore a blank slate. Tav is intended that way. Other than tadpole removal, there's no personal stake [yet].
They've implemented other options, but mention them here, and you'll be met with 'Rrraaa rrraaaa I want only Tavs in my party rrraaaa rraaa Bad Game rrraaaaa He should be a gnome rrraaaaaaaa'

Originally Posted by Undomiel
Well, Larian has never been masters of immersion and world-building.

Well, that *is* true, but that doesn't mean they haven't grown in that department. The company has grown tremendously for the development of this game. Surely, they'va added people in charge of that? We've only played an Alpha state of partly the first chapter.

Originally Posted by Warlocke
What’s wrong with Larian supporting choices that breaks the integrity of the characters?

I don't necesarily see the problem here, to be honest. It does go against how I'd want to experience the game, however so I'll never touch it.

I don't see any logical connection for which, given that Tav is a customizable character by the player, he should be a blank slate. The Gorion's Ward has a well-intertwined defined background with the events of the saga but still has full freedom to act and make his own choices. The DU in this sense seems to be the true main character of the game.

As for the ability to enhance immersion in the game world, in EA , I've noticed that they are still quite behind. Much of it is due to the lack of contextualization of your character, who finds himself abducted by the nautiloid, but you don't know what he was doing until 5 minutes before, and there is no way given to make you tell or find out.