Originally Posted by rodeolifant
I don't see any logical connection for which.

Huh? Which what?

but you don't know what he was doing until 5 minutes before, and there is no way given to make you tell or find out.

How are they possibly guessing, in advance, all the things we've come up with? And everyone else? There's the background you can select, it should be sufficient. It has no bearing on the story either way.

They could implement some generic things, I guess, but then it would becone meaningless.

"...player-generated character and therefore a blank slate." This, to me, lacks logical connection.

Gorion's Ward (like any other player-generated character in a good RPG) is customizable, but well integrated into the story, and you feel immersed in the atmosphere that has been created. Your companions follow you because your character is the special one who does special things. In BG3, Tav is the most anonymous of the companions, and it's not clear why all of a sudden, he is the leader who decides what to do.

The elements that build the story and the identity of your character should have connections within the storyline and the game world. They form the foundation of an RPG. You can see this in games like Dragon Age Origins, the old BG series, Pillars of Eternity series, and so on. In the Early Access, we have seen only 25% of the game, and these elements are either missing or not perceptible. It's quite evident to assume that they will remain the same for Tav even at the release.