Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
addict
addict
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.
“Only adolescents enjoy romance as a theme or genre.”
😐

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.

You're an adult playing a video game with Bear sekz and vampires, and alien ships, Count turnip.

old hand
old hand
Oh crap - don't tell me I've become a teenager again. I didn't enjoy it the first time.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Oh crap - don't tell me I've become a teenager again. I didn't enjoy it the first time.
I WANT MY YEARS BACK
SEND ME BACK TO THE START
WITH ALL THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE TODAY

N
old hand
old hand
N
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.
Romance is one of the pillars of human story telling, you might not personally like it, thats fine, but you probably shouldn't walk around implying you are better than others because if it.

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 28/07/23 09:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I WANT MY YEARS BACK
SEND ME BACK TO THE START
WITH ALL THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE TODAY
You and me both, man!!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.
Romance is one of the pillar sof human story telling, you might not personally like it, thats fine, but you probably shouldn't walk around implying you are better than others because if it.

Its comedy gold. I laugh more at this than anything.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 28/07/23 09:32 PM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
W
veteran
veteran
W
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.
Romance is one of the pillar sof human story telling, you might not personally like it, thats fine, but you probably shouldn't walk around implying you are better than others because if it.

Only teens and kids would call that "romance" and "sex".
Its comedy gold.

I don’t care for video game sex scenes either, but if you can’t voice your opinion without hurling insults then you have no business being on a public forum.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.

Its comedy gold.

And some of them [329b] complain of the indignities that friends and kinsmen put upon old age and thereto recite a doleful litany of all the miseries for which they blame old age. But in my opinion, Socrates, they do not put the blame on the real cause. For if it were the cause I too should have had the same experience so far as old age is concerned, and so would all others who have come to this time of life. But in fact I have ere now met with others who do not feel in this way, and in particular I remember hearing Sophocles the poet greeted by a fellow who asked, [329c] 'How about your service of Aphrodite, Sophocles—is your natural force still unabated?' And he replied, 'Hush, man, most gladly have I escaped this thing you talk of, as if I had run away from a raging and savage beast of a master. I thought it a good answer then and now I think so still more. For in very truth there comes to old age a great tranquillity in such matters and a blessed release. When the fierce tensions of the passions and desires relax, then is the word of Sophocles approved, [329d] and we are rid of many and mad masters. But indeed in respect of these complaints and in the matter of our relations with kinsmen and friends there is just one cause, Socrates—not old age, but the character of the man. For if men are temperate and cheerful8 even old age is only moderately burdensome. But if the reverse, old age, Socrates, and youth are hard for such dispositions.”

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke
"none of the above"
I'm an adult not a teen.

Its comedy gold.

I don’t care for video game sex scenes either, but if you can’t voice your opinion without hurling insults then you have no business being on a public forum.

What insults did I hurl?! I am saying this is kid level ideas of romance and sex.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 28/07/23 09:23 PM.

veteran
veteran
I think the romance scenes in this game are silly as well, but to insinuate that anyone that likes them is a child/teenager IS indeed an insult.

veteran
veteran
Its comedy gold.
I don't really see what your problem with the scene is to be honest. Not really sure what you expected either? To be more like an adult film? That would be on brand teen attitude actually. Just like reputable films that aren't all about focusing the camera on "the action" as it were it doesn't show a whole lot but also doesn't censor, a scene done mostly in good taste. Maybe you have a problem with the dialogue? But I mean this is more of a fling between people who just met than a proper romance, though Minthara does show quite a bit more emotion a bit later after the sex scene. But there are no real issues with it, pretty well done overall.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 28/07/23 09:28 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I'm an adult not a teen is an insult now?

The direct and explicit implication that the people who do like this type of content are all immature, so yes, it is.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
This is getting too serious I just wanted to meme.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I think the romance scenes in this game are silly as well, but to insinuate that anyone that likes them is a child/teenager IS indeed an insult.

Its more funny that anything.
Everyone is laughing at these scenes in nearly all social content. Not seing anyone cry and gasp over the incredible emotional impact and deep storytelling of these engrossing scenes.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 28/07/23 09:37 PM.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
This is getting too serious I just wanted to meme.

[Linked Image from media.sproutsocial.com]

N
old hand
old hand
N

I insinuate that this is teens level ideas of romance and sex in a video game.
Everyone is laughing at these scenes in nearly all social content. Not seing anyone cry and gasp over the incredible emotional impact and deep storytelling of these engrossing scenes.
Because bearsex is intentionally silly.

veteran
veteran

That particular scene was never designed for or intended to display a deep emotional attachment or actual romance...it's literally just a fling. That is something that isn't all that unusual between people. People often sleep with relative strangers, or people they haven't known for long, just because they want some sex. You mistake this for the romance of the game when it is not, that might come much much later in the game than act one but this isn't it. This is literally just a fling, it's not that serious.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

That particular scene was never designed for or intended to display a deep emotional attachment or actual romance...it's literally just a fling. That is something that isn't all that unusual between people. People often sleep with relative strangers, or people they haven't known for long, just because they want some sex. You mistake this for the romance of the game when it is not, that might come much much later in the game than act one but this isn't it. This is literally just a fling, it's not that serious.

I disgress and apologize.
I did not realize these scenes made the game so much better for so many people.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 28/07/23 09:44 PM.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard