Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Ieldra2
I think there will be....

*an increase in the number of people interested in CRPGs, which is f***** great,
*an increase in developer interest to make such games, in spite of all the fearmongering, which is also great,
*maybe an increase in the number of people interested in tabletop roleplaying, which is also great, and
*an increase in the number of people interested specifically in D&D, both for tabletop games and videogames, which is not so great.
It's all "great" so long as other major RPG studios don't decide to turn their games into BG3 clones. But the good news for me is that I have supreme confidence none of them will do so.

Here's the bottom line. The very tiny group of you here in this forum who love Larian's games as the greatest ever made and who love to hate on certain other big RPG studios and their games are not even close to being representative of the millions of self-identifying RPG fans out there. There are literally millions of people who LOVE the RPGs made by such studios as CDPR, Bethesda, and even Bioware <gasp>. Games like Starfield, TES6, Witcher 4, and Dragon Age 4 will not just sell millions, but tens of millions. And those games will have very high player satisfaction ratings and will also earn good reviews and awards. Those studios (to include even smaller studios like Obsidian and inXile) are not going to change their game formulas to mirror BG3 just because of a few people's momentary BG3 craze. And thank God for that because I, just like those many millions of other gamers, am so looking forward to games like Starfield, Witcher 4, and yes even very much DA4.
Um you doo know CDPR basically lost all of its goodwill, right?

All it takes is one bad game.

Starfield will be interesting, I don't think it's going to be a smash hit. It seems to have the issues of the old Bethesda games cracked up to 11. Dead feeling open world zones, weird doll like character models/bad cinematic dialogue.

I dint think the later bioware projects have gotten to the level your talking about here. Maybe all of the re-released of Mass Effect 3? But none of the others are close to that a cursory look showed Andromeda and inquisition sold around 5 or 6 million.

Its also stolen the news cycle from Starfield.
Unless it somehow replicates 76's flaws (very very very unlikely given it is singleplayer experience in Bethesda's ballpark), Starfield will undoubtedly be a hit. A huge hit. Starfield will, at minimum, perform as well as Fallout 4. At maximum, it could dethrone Skyrim. Let's remember that Bethesda makes a specific type of game that virtually no other studio can make. TES is THE highest grossing RPG franchise of all time, and no one else even comes close. Anyone who thinks Bethesda is not a juggernaut in the RPG space does not look at their sales numbers or the sheer size of the legs on individual releases by Bethesda. These games have huge sales and have extremely long lifespans.

CDPR lost a lot of goodwill, but not all. They could make a comeback. They are up there as well.

DA4 I am very skeptical. I think there is a high likelihood that the company is dead. At the very least, Bioware has been Ship of Theseus'd for YEARS, and whatever made first age Bioware (CRPGs) and second Age Bioware (Dragon Age + Mass Effect) "Good" has long been removed.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):