Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I was going to play D4 a bit, but oof, that recent patch isn't looking too good.

Instead I installed Vampire the Masquerade on steam and started playing that. I never finished it back in the day and decided to give it a shot. It's surprisingly good, the dialogue/voice acting/side quests are all top notch. Combat is atrocious though, and i had to use an unofficial patch to get it to work.
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines is a flawed gem, but it is still my favorite rpg. The characters are just so well done.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Playing a oldy but a goody,

Chase the wife around the house. Its been out a long time.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just finished Pathfinder: WotR. It was good. It started great but by the endgame it was dragging and it was brutal and I was just glad to be done with it.

I also finished Donjon de Naheulbeuk. Funny, quick little RPG

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Coming off a replay of BG1:EE and BG2:EE (SCS modded plus some other mods). They hold up surprisingly well. Also I dusted off Divinity Original Sin 2, which I ragequit a few years ago because I couldn't get past the Act I boss fight - the only game in 30+ years where I ever did such a thing. I still don't understand why this game is so universally praised but it is actually enjoyable once you get to levels 11-12 and you're resigned to the fact that it's actually rather linear because of its progression system. Age of Wonders 4 is still waiting to be played....too much other stuff to play.

Last edited by Ieldra2; 19/07/23 03:49 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Stellaris is fun for world generation (public competitive lobbies got me hooked, but machine intelligence OP).
CK3 is a very fun medieval role playing strategy game.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
I've been playing Jagged Alliance 3 a lot, the last thing I downloaded before my internet went poof. Currently in the process of moving so games that are exclusively single-player and don't require an internet connection is the way to go. Though I probably would've mainly been playing it regardless; it's that fun. After a couple decades of waiting, it's good that it turned out so well.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
T
stranger
stranger
T
snowbreak containement zone is about to relase this week its a third person shotoer gacha game i guess ill play that and ghost trick phantom detective

veteran
veteran
I wasted a fair amount of hours on Jagged Alliance 3 and I have to say it's pretty damn good.
Arguably in dire need of some rebalance patch, but still incredibly enjoyable and actually faithful enough to its glorious predecessor from 1999.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Solasta. One of the best implementations of dnd gameplay rules ever. Sure the writing isn't great, but eh. The plot is not the worst. But, making and playing characters is hella fun.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
ESO and I'm getting political in the fact that the Altmer is the Best race, they're clearly the hottest, plus the ruby throne should belongs to our queen.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm playing BDO while waiting for full release

T
stranger
stranger
T
and im done with honkai star rail 1.2 i thought its gonna hold me over but too short guesss uhh snowbreak containement zone lol

O
stranger
stranger
O
Currently playing bgee: siege of dragon spear for the first time, gonna move onto bg2ee next which i have been playing a little in mp mode with a friend but have not finished before, I'll probably have a better chance of finishing in time for bg3 on my sp run.

veteran
veteran
I am playing "Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie" now. Given how slow I play it will take some time until I start BG3. Which is not bad, so when I start it had some patches to fix the worst bugs.

The Trails series has fantastic world building. 10 games so far that make one big story and includes tons of characters in several countries on the whole continent. Downside is that you should play all those games in the right order to fully understand the story and its a very linear JRPG so there is little replay value.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Not much as I am on holiday, away from my PC. Before leaving I played a bit of Gears of War5. I am surprised by how good it is - enjoyable campy romp. I also finished my BG1 run on my iPad, so I am ready for BG3. I played BG2 enough times to have most of it in my head.

veteran
veteran
Oh man I tried to continue playing PWoTR, but got kinda overwhelmed at one point. The systems are just a bit too complex in a time-consuming way and not backed by any eye candy to cling on to. Had to switch to Borderlands 3 for a while. This game is much better when you are on a working schedule.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Still mulling over whether I should save the Dark Urge for a second playthrough. I still haven't finished my recent Zelda game though.

Last edited by buttercup; 21/07/23 01:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
God of War, need to finnish this amazing gem before BG3 release.

Pathfinder WOTR put on Ice - Im so conflicted on this game,I wanna love it, but I just cant.
Original sin 2 put on Ice

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If anyone needs a good distraction I consider this to be the best series released this year so far. It didn't get a lot of fanfare because it is set in Australia but it has top notch writing, acting and the story is SUPER compelling.

It asks the following questions:
1. Are there rednecks in Australia (YES)
2. What are they like? (come and see!)
3. What if they had to deal with a high stakes murder? (holy shit)
4. What if we made it a dark comedy but also very serious? (Omg!)

The first episodes may make you want to strangle everyone, but it gets insanely good after that. The series is complete and on Amazon Prime.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
If anyone needs a good distraction I consider this to be the best series released this year so far. It didn't get a lot of fanfare because it is set in Australia but it has top notch writing, acting and the story is SUPER compelling.

Hadn’t heard of that show and will keep it in mind!

This weekend I am seeing Barbenheimer. biggrin

[Linked Image from deadline.com]

Last edited by Icelyn; 22/07/23 02:10 PM.
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard