Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
In 5e the number of Bardic Inspiration charges per long rest (or short rest, at Bard level 5) is based on you Chs modifier. In BG3 you always seem to start with 3 and I read somewhere that it doesn't scale with your Cha modifier, but by (Class?) Level, going to 4 charges at level 5 - is this still true, or does it now scale with your Cha modifier? Thanks

"Go for the eyes, Boo. GO FOR THE EYES! RrraaaAAGHGHH!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
In early access we just got the three uses regardless of CHA, I believe. I’m not sure we have any more info about how it will work in the full release so think we need to wait and see. Unless someone else has seen something from Larian or one of the people who’ve got to play the game that I haven’t?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've definitely heard of some people getting 4 Bardic Inspiration points at higher levels in EA, but not sure if that was because of their level or from their Cha modifier...

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I am in my game now, Level 5 Bard with a CHA of 18, and I have 4 Bardic Inspirations. No way to tell why unless there is some way to drop my CHA.

addict
addict
Compared some saves. At level 4 Bard 18 Cha, only 3 Bardic Inspirations. At level 5, 4 Bardic Inspirations.

Looks like it is level dependent. Possibly even Proficiency Bonus +1 or something.

Back from timeout.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by benbaxter
Looks like it is level dependent. Possibly even Proficiency Bonus +1 or something.

Thanks for checking. Yes, that sounds like one possibility, in which case would go to 5 Bardic Inspiration slots at character level 9. If it's based on *Class* level, though, that would make multi-classing a Bard less attractive.

Last edited by Metalogic; 30/07/23 10:18 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard