Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
X
stranger
stranger
X
I game on a Sager Laptop. I have two SSD's and 2 NVME drives. However, I have an external 4TB Western Digital "Gaming Drive" . I have played Red Dead Redemption@ , Elden Ring and many others with no difficulty. Occasionally, the loading time for cut scenes or area loads seemed a bit slow. I think that you will be fine but load times may be long. You might consider an external SSD as an option.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Steam is wrong, you don't NEED an SSD to run this game however you do need a SSD to run Fuckpunk after the lastest patch so that will be the page they copy pasted from

to be clear, a SSD is normally better so its a good idea but no not needed

The problem is we don't know what the non-SSD Bg3 experience is like and I don't want to take responsibility for steering someone wrong so I have been unequivocal in my messaging in regards for the need for an SSD.

The most recent PSA even goes as far as mentioning it which tells me this game is really optimized for an SSD.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941429712390

I honestly think they can expect a fairly frustrating experience in Baldur's Gate the city without an SSD. Given how beefy the rest of the requirements are this doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Long time no post, I was waiting for game release to return to this game which is tomorrow.

I have a pair of Gen 4 4 Tb drives in Raid 0, with 13 Gb/s read speed, I am so ready for this.

And a 3080 Ti / 13600K.

old hand
old hand
I have a Golf 1.2Tsi that can run circles around any pc.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by branmakmuffin
I have an SSD. Not a top-of-the-line one, but an SSD. Point of my comment was that Larian says it's not a requirement and Steam says it is.

i love them and they do a lot of things right but testing just isn't one of them

SSD "recommended" not SSD required

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I honestly think they can expect a fairly frustrating experience in Baldur's Gate the city without an SSD.
i agree and yes the 'panic' will be kicking in

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
journeyman
journeyman
Shocking lack of optimization and compression. Modern devs just don't care, they are using strong hardware as a crutch and their games just keep getting bigger and bigger (in size) and less and less optimized.

"B-But, the dialogue!" - there tons of games with tons of voiced dialogue. It can be compressed and it doesn't take up that much space.
"B-But my 8K textures" - useless waste of space. You can barely tell the difference between 2K and 4K anyway. How about shipping ultra-high textures as a separate D/L/mod/pack?
This just limits the games reach.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard