Originally Posted by branmakmuffin
Originally Posted by Wormerine
“Might” is the important word here. Playing a computer game and diving into the Table top would be quite a big stretch. Not unthinkable, but I don’t think it is an obvious transition. More likely that such players would start looking for experiences like BG3 and turn to the wealth of other RPGs - some WotC licences, most of them not. Or they might not - and wait for next Larian release, and refuse to touch anything else. I am doubtful that people who love BG3, love it because of D&D.
I suspect that the typical computer game player is not all that interested in playing a PnP RPG. I have encountered a couple (literally just a couple) of people at my friendly local game store in exactly that position. They played some computer game (probably Dark Souls) and had the notion that playing D&D would be a similar experience. They were disappointed and it's easy to see why.
I do love both and many of my fellow PnP player play both too. I don't know, if we count as the typical computer game player though.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who