Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JandK
It was discussed here on the forum a bit, and folks often pointed to the tadpole as the reason why, suggesting that even though they weren't there, they were picking up on what was happening via a tadpole mental link. Which was also how you knew they approved or didn't approve.

So when my character goes to pee, he can get "Shadowheart approve" ?
shadowheartgiggle

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Actually, this makes me wonder; could you turn those notifications off? I don't really want to know what goes on in everyone's head, really.
The Companions lack a brain-to-mouth filter and keep you updated on whatever they think about you.

veteran
veteran
Actually, this makes me wonder; could you turn those notifications off? I don't really want to know what goes on in everyone's head, really.
No idea but I mean...it could lead to weird stuff like a companion out of the blue tries to kill you in your sleep and you don't even know why, that kind of stuff. Or you think you're chill with someone but they are totally not chill with you, etc. I generally think of those notifications as social signs you might see irl but couldn't reasonably see in game like someone having a grim look on their face or scowling or smiling, etc...those types of social cues you could pick up on without being explicitly told by someone how they feel about something you just did.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 31/07/23 03:02 PM.
old hand
old hand
Seems I would make for an excellent companion,

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
No idea but I mean...it could lead to weird stuff like a companion out of the blue tries to kill you in your sleep and you don't even know why, that kind of stuff. .

That's excatly what I want.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 31/07/23 03:00 PM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
No idea but I mean...it could lead to weird stuff like a companion out of the blue tries to kill you in your sleep and you don't even know why, that kind of stuff. Or you think you're chill with someone but they are totally not chill with you, etc. I generally think of those notifications as social signs you might see irl but couldn't reasonably see in game like someone having a grim look on their face or scowling or smiling, etc...those types of social cues you could pick up on without being explicitly told by someone how they feel about something you just did.

I pretty much agree with this. The approvals/disapprovals are, in my opinion, indicators of things you would probably notice.

Originally Posted by Edvin Black
It was discussed here on the forum a bit, and folks often pointed to the tadpole as the reason why, suggesting that even though they weren't there, they were picking up on what was happening via a tadpole mental link. Which was also how you knew they approved or didn't approve.

shadowheartgiggle

Shadowheart says she's had enough tadpoles in her eye, thank you very much.

OP Offline

shadowheartgiggle

Shadowheart says she's had enough tadpoles in her eye, thank you very much.

Character creation is very anti-transphobic.
Your genitals don't have to match your gender.
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

veteran
veteran

shadowheartgiggle

You made it weird.

addict
addict
So I was wrong, but only about Gale. I went through and grabbed SH, Wyll, Lae, and Gale then sent them all back to camp. Gale did in fact keep getting approval but none of the other characters did. I even tested just leaving SH a few screens away from the "Say Please" scene with Lae, and she didn't react.

It might just be Gale has a bug in 9, or he is more connected with us than the other characters? But probably the bug, not the worm bug, the code bug.

Back from timeout.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by benbaxter
So I was wrong, but only about Gale. I went through and grabbed SH, Wyll, Lae, and Gale then sent them all back to camp. Gale did in fact keep getting approval but none of the other characters did. I even tested just leaving SH a few screens away from the "Say Please" scene with Lae, and she didn't react.

It might just be Gale has a bug in 9, or he is more connected with us than the other characters? But probably the bug, not the worm bug, the code bug.

Maybe Gale is a creep who casts Scrying every time he's not in an active party.
galehappy

It would explain why he is the second least popular character of all...
Well, apart from the fact that he eats magic rocks.

Last edited by Edvin Black; 31/07/23 03:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Back in the day, like circa patch 4, the companions would weigh in their approval/disapproval everywhere you went, whether they were in camp or not.
Yes ...
And i liked that.

Quite honestly i dont really care what headcannon will people create for that ... to me its just QoL mechanic, so you know what you did wrong imediately, rather than get several approval/disapproval messages once you get back to your camp.
People talk, and there is not much to talk here than what you did whole day.

Personaly i hate it in games, when companions have no idea what you did if they are not with you at the moment ... it doesnt make any sense. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard