Originally Posted by vel
3) Is it easier to play a good aligned wizard if you have higher charisma and/or persuasion proficiency? This one I say yes. If the goal is to play the prototypical good guy hero, rather than neutral with mixed outcomes or evil murder hobo, at least in EA most of the dialogue options that result in a good aligned outcome are gated behind persuasion, deception, or intimidation which is charisma.

I'd argue that it's always possible to play a "good guy" character, but not always possible to convince everyone else in the game that *they* should be good, especially when they are themselves not "good guys" to begin with. So there's a major difference between external outcomes and inner motivation.

Originally Posted by yel
I think this thread has shown there are many ways to do this without dipping bard.
Given all the differing opinions in this thread and the many possible ways to achieve things in BG, I'm hopeful that the great thing about the game is player choice as Larian has been promoting.

Very much agreed. I simply don't share the notion that the game plays somehow "worse" or severely limits your options when not playing a high CHA face. That's just ridiculous.