Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
0% interest in romancing any of the origin characters, but the illithid powers look cool. I like how they have done a genuine corruption temptation here with genuinely powerful abilities for all classes. Gale - partial illithid with 9 tadpoles with a free spell each short rest!
Can't wait for a 2nd dark urge illithid playthrough!

apprentice
apprentice
I'm really looking forward to that release. It was about time. But there is one thing, which bothers me to some degree:

Twitch drops. That really sucks! I don't have a Twitch account for a reason, since I simply don't watch other people play a game, I want to play myself. There is nothing more boring in my opinion than watching other people play a game, you could simply play yourself. And 2 full hours? Seriously? What a waste of time. That's an ass move Larian!

And yes I know, it's possible to have a stream running in the background and fully muted, still it's a pain in the ass, because I needed to make an account for it on a platform (twitch), which doesn't interest me at all and during those 2 hours I would have reduced bandwith. Not cool, Larian, absolutely not cool!

Btw check out the steam forums, a lot of players are not happy at all with your decision to give out exclusive twitch drops! Please think about that one more time, because many people obviously aren't amused about this and including myself reject Twitch. At least don't make this content exclusive, give it to all players at some point later.

Last edited by Ragnarök; 31/07/23 09:50 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I already commented on reddit, but I'm pretty sad that other players can't be romanced. My husband and I had several playthroughs based on Origin characters just from the offhand comment in Update 7 that it would be possible in the future.

I really hope romancing/more interactions with other players and a better dialogue system for switching characters is something that is patched in later or considered for future games. The game already has a toggle for turning off romance scenes in multiplayer and I just assumed this would include player romances. It's depressing that the dialogue system in general hasn't really improved at all since Divinity Original Sin 2. The dialogue system as it is now hurts people playing in multiplayer and singleplayer really, since you can't decide who speaks or even use whoever has the highest skill for skill checks in dialogue.

apprentice
apprentice
Nice job on the parasite system, looks like we won't be getting rid of that thing anytime soon.

Last edited by Davaretta; 31/07/23 09:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
But that's just barely a romance.
Well ... yes, but i dont need to watch them in bed per se. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Zellin
But that's just barely a romance.
Well ... yes, but i dont need to watch them in bed per se. laugh
But I want to disapprove of Shadowheart's spicy scenes for a change.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowram
Woo, some widescreen love!
Yay for widescreen love!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate

Can’t wait to play this week!!!🎉🎉🎉

Yikes from the update that companions still steal the pc’s dialogue when dialogue starts automatically! Maybe there will be a mod to fix that?

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Keep in mind that certain Origin stories are closely intertwined with their characters' respective classes. If you’re opting for a non-cleric Shadowheart or a Wyll without his warlock pact, this will undoubtedly influence your roleplay options in dialogues and the overall narrative for these characters. But their stories will instead be yours to create.

I don't understand why it's so hard to get consistent answers on this. Swen said in an interview that respeccing Halsin away from Druid would not change his dialogue and that he would remain a druid in dialogue. So now we're being told respeccing these characters changes their story? Or is this post simply saying that the way the PC avatar interacts with these characters might change based on player whimsy? Why phrase the explanation this way? We can do whatever we want in our heads -- we know this. We want to know what the game does in its programming. Please just say how the game mechanics treat these choices without goofy phrasing.

Please clearly indicate which character's stories change significantly when respecced and what options trigger those changes. Is it just class? What about their background?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Sorry Larian, you couldn't pay me enough money to suffer through 2 hours of Twitch. Sure, it's Baldur's Gate, but it's also interspersed with donation comments and videos, along with the streamers taking breaks from the game to go watch random videos on YouTube and start drama with other streamers. No. No. No. No. No.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 01/08/23 12:02 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
apprentice
apprentice
I am a bit confused with this respecing origin characters too.
I understand that if I respec Astarion it shouldn't affect his origin story too much as he seems like a character who's story is not really tied to him being a rouge. But respecing Shadowheart would mess things up as her ties to Shar are essential to her origin story.
What I don't understand is that bit about influencing our roleplay options and the "story will be ours to create".
Does it mean that if I make Shadowheard a bard then all her story arc won't play out at all? Or it will play out but it will be just messy cause everyone will treat her as a Cleric while all she has to say is Bard dialogue?

PS: Twitch drops.... laezeldisapprove

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
frown
Breadtube is not a selling point. Who's next, Hasan Piker? Big fucking ick here.

Actually this news makes me quite sad and I am questioning if Larian is a studio I want to support at all. Of course, as one of millions, I hardly matter here, but I might as well express my thoughts.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 01/08/23 02:22 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
frown
Breadtube is not a selling point. Who's next, Hasan Piker? Big fucking ick here.

Actually this news makes me quite sad and I am questioning if Larian is a studio I want to support at all. Of course, as one of millions, I hardly matter here, but I might as well express my thoughts.

You wanted news, you got news.

Now do you want the purple panties or not?

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Rudal
I understand that if I respec Astarion it shouldn't affect his origin story too much as he seems like a character who's story is not really tied to him being a rouge. But respecing Shadowheart would mess things up as her ties to Shar are essential to her origin story.
What I don't understand is that bit about influencing our roleplay options and the "story will be ours to create".
Does it mean that if I make Shadowheard a bard then all her story arc won't play out at all? Or it will play out but it will be just messy cause everyone will treat her as a Cleric while all she has to say is Bard dialogue?

PS: Twitch drops.... laezeldisapprove

Yeah, exactly it. I want to know to what degree my choice to respec them will break their story. If it's just awkward because mizora keeps showing up despite Wyll being a druid or whatever, that's one thing. If Mizora stops showing up at all, that's undesirable. I want to see Wyll's story.

The twitch thing is such a nonissue. I don't get why anyone cares. Just turn it on and mute the page. Don't even pay attention to it. 2 hours later, boom -- new underwear.

veteran
veteran
Im not even going to open the twitch thing at all. I actually have a twitch account and the drop just... doesn't interest me and so I'm not gonna participate. Though I do get why people who like the outfit would be upset

veteran
veteran
Sorry Larian, you couldn't pay me enough money to suffer through 2 hours of Twitch. Sure, it's Baldur's Gate, but it's also interspersed with donation comments and videos, along with the streamers taking breaks from the game to go watch random videos on YouTube and start drama with other streamers. No. No. No. No. No.
Whats there to suffer?
Just open your browser, find a stream, mute it ... and go do something else ... for example play your own Baldur's Gate 3. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Whats there to suffer?
Just open your browser, find a stream, mute it ... and go do something else ... for example play your own Baldur's Gate 3. laugh

What a civilized approach, you are truly a man of culture. I myself am going to follow in the same steps.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Hello and what about GF now it will be awaible at launch?
I don't saw anything about that.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Rudal
My understanding from one of the previous updates is that you will at a minimum lose some dialogue or have dialogue that makes no sense (barbarian gale being treated as a wizard), but quite possible for some characters they will cut significant things. IMO you are much better off leaving them to start as the canon class and multiclassing so that everything works / makes sense.

addict
Online Content
addict
Our dialogue systems are designed to feel organic, as they would in real life. Where there’s agency in life, there’s agency in Baldur’s Gate 3.
I never expected BG3 to let me say what I actually want to say in dialogue, no RPG could accomodate all of my conversational quirks, but I fear now that the dialogue system is a reflection of Larian writers' poor mental health. If they actually think this is how the world works (stuff happens to me, I give the rote answer corresponding to my social status), I'd gently encourage them to remember the following:

Don't be fooled by your percieved limitations. You have more agency than you think! Also, it's okay to admit ignorance and turn to someone next to you for help and support. You are not alone!

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by EvilParrot
My understanding from one of the previous updates is that you will at a minimum lose some dialogue or have dialogue that makes no sense (barbarian gale being treated as a wizard), but quite possible for some characters they will cut significant things. IMO you are much better off leaving them to start as the canon class and multiclassing so that everything works / makes sense.

I was actually thinking that as well. I won't probably respec any of the origin characters but if I do something then it will be multiclassing most likely.
It's just interesting to know how much of a story we will loose and how much will still play out but might get messed up.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard