Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Do you want to be a part of something REALLY special?

Tyrs Paladium is a legendary drama free, 30+ yr old guild (most guildies are mid 35-65 yrs +) that is celebrating our 16th year by pitching a tent in Baldur's Gate III! We were founded in 2008. We are an American guild with an international/Euro flavor. And we need YOUR HELP, to give us a running start. I believe that we are the very first guild to launch in BG3.

We are a household name in two D&D online games, Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) and Neverwinter. We also have Tyrs Chapters in Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile. You are completely WELCOME to join us in these games as well!!

JOIN US RIGHT HERE ---> The Tyrs Paladium Website: https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?site_game_id=187802

Demographics: We are looking for Americans and European players who are:

* seeking great adventure and camaraderie with like-minded players!
* looking for an old school NO DRAMA SOCIAL HUB OF ADULTS to play with and learn about the game TOGETHER.
* who enjoys TEAMWORK and belonging.

** (ANYWHERE in the world is ok as long as you can communicate in English somewhat)

We have one of the most active guild websites there is, created by and for guildies only. On this site, you could find plenty of game tips in the Tyrs Library, sign up for scheduled events in the Tyrs War Room, shoot the sh!t in the Tyrs Tavern, or listen to our esoteric MP3 player in the Tyrs Mosh Pit! And that’s only a mere taste of Kargon’s Tasty ham! You will ALWAYS find good times and a helping hand in Tyrs Paladium.

We are a decent sized guild, yet we run it tight knit. We believe in helping each other, and most of all having as much fun as possible while we play.

"We play hard, laugh hard, and play it old school, with much respect to the camaraderie found in tabletop D&D of years past."

If you’d like to join, post here and head over to our site, read our guild rules and fill out an application.

HELP BUILD UP OUR BALDURS GATE III CHAPTER FROM THE GROUND UP... and REST ASSURED you've got the support of one of the most sought after guilds for OLD SCHOOL GAMERS.

Peace,

Commodore
Co-Founder Tyrs Paladium

We enforce our drama free policy.

*** Upon joining us, you are a valued member ON DAY ONE. You can speak with officers, leaders, the guild founders - and we recommend it! Likewise we ask you to PARTICIPATE in our vibrant camaraderie on the Tyrs forums and in-game! Be SURE to fill out an INTRO THREAD in our Roster & Recruitment section of our guild website.

PS: We also have a contingent of current military and veterans. We are a patriotic guild, and are proud of it! We always appreciate and remember our heroes who fight for freedom all over the World, regardless of country of origin. We sincerely thank you. /salute

(Naturally, you do not need to have served to join our guild. We just like to appreciate those who risk their lives to protect our freedoms that we enjoy, and to remember those who gave it all.)

[/quote]
We are proud sponsors of FOLDS of HONOR, Homes for Our Troops and the AbleGamers Foundation.

OP Offline
Our playstyle? Simple, we play a relaxed game, together. We are looking for those who appreciate old school D&D values of the founding fathers mentioned below, such as camaraderie, good adventure, challenge, and most especially FUN! We pride ourselves on being well prepared, and working together to achieve a common goal. We will teach anyone willing to learn.

As of this date, YOU will be coming in and experiencing BALDURS GATE 3 with a NEW CHAPTER of a guild that knows what they are doing. The lights are on, and the gate is open...

[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

'Ode to the great Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. R.I.P. (Roleplay In Peace.)

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 31/07/23 10:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Zerg. Haven't heard that word since I stopped playing DDO.

veteran
veteran
Any particular reason you're not keeping to your thread? https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=687407#Post687407

OP Offline
Yep, our original thread helped to introduce us and for that we are very pleased with it as we got to meet some of you long term forumites in the BG3 community. I feel its just time to get into the spirit of LAUNCH! That post was over THREE years old! Can you believe it's been that long that many of us have been waiting for August 3rd to be a reality!? smile

We are looking to meet people, all you old-school gamers that would like to join up to socialize and get into questing together!!!

It's time to GATHER the party...

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 01/08/23 01:21 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Your seeming idolization of Gygax is a big turn-off for me. From what I have read about him, I suspect that if I had played in a game run by him, I would not have thought he was a very good DM. Haven't read much about Dave Arneson.

But I'm not really your target audience.

OP Offline
Without Gary and Dave there IS no D&D, or dungeon masters. He also created GENCON. That alone, makes him an important figure of gaming history. I don't idolize anyone, but I DO appreciate what he and Dave has done. I give him credit, along with Dave for creating the game they did. A lot of good in gaming circles came from those two men. I have heard that Gary was very friendly and creative at the table, from a few people I know who were lucky enough to know him. I've never heard a bad thing about him at the table. He made a lot of people around him happy.

IMO, there is only one metric by which any DM can be judged: Are their players having fun? Same thing I say about a guild. We strive for the SAME CAMERADERIE in Tyrs Paladium.

Everything else is entirely subjective. Some tables don’t give a hoot about rules accuracy, nor highly descriptive language, nor verisimilitude (how immersive their world is). Some folks just want to throw dice so they can kill bad guys, take their stuff, and use it to kill more bad guys. Some folks want an opportunity to act entirely in character and pursue the interactions between those characters. Some folks just want a fun activity to do with their friends. There are many reasons that people play D&D, and if the style of game the DM runs doesn’t fit those players, it isn’t good D&D for anyone. Since there can be no one right type of DM to fit all players at all tables, none of that can be used as an objective metric by which to assess “quality” as you seem to be attempting with Gary.

Add to that the fact that, since I have never been a player at a table with Gary, I am in no way qualified to judge his skill whatsoever. IMO, the only people who have any right to give comment or pass judgement on any DM are the people for whom that DM has run games.

So yeah, I will post old school photos and such from D&D and computer gaming in this thread. We are a guild filled with old school gamers that were around in the 1960s and 70s and 80s to enjoy the games of their youth, and if I can rekindle some memories for them and myself, that's exactly what I'm going to do! That's actually the precise reason I created Tyrs Paladium.

OP Offline
We are excited to welcome our first recruit from our launch recruitment drive... the man, the myth, the legend Diverse!! Welcome to Tyrs Paladium!!

And we really love that he's from the Netherlands! A really beautiful country with a lot of historic architecture.

[Linked Image from theculturetrip.com]

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 01/08/23 09:33 PM.
OP Offline
Tyrs recruitment is off and running.

I am proud to welcome KingCosmic -- who hail from Canada our friendly neighbors up North! He says he wishes to game and socialize about RPGs and games from his generation! You will make some great friends in Tyrs if you frequent our forum and/or Discord!

I think Jasper is one place I'd love to see the next time I make it up to Canada.

[Linked Image from roadtripalberta.com]

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 01/08/23 09:43 PM.
OP Offline
We are PROUD to state that we have had 17 guildies join us to play Baldur's Gare 3 thusfar!

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium Paladyn, Banor, KingCosmic, Diverse, Tav, Kevfire The Fourth, Lothar, iBowfish, Valkryie Paladin, Simon, Forj, Tiluvrien, Tanzy, Deathztalker, juy, fatherfungus, Moein, Brandily and Reagan Frost from the Neverwinter Fellowship Alliance in the game D&D online MMO game Neverwinter !!!

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 06/08/23 11:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Hey Commodore, Congratulations on the new members. You should check the Larian Discord in bg3 LFG - it's SWAMPED right now. If I put up a message we get a lot of responses although it's not the best recruitment method as we don't get a chance to vet them.

Larian doesn't really have the infrastructure on the Discord to support long term multiplayer games, so it's a good time to try to find people who want to be able to do that.

GL.

Blackheifer
OP Offline
I didnt even know there WAS an official BG3 discord until they opened up this MULTIPLAYER SECTION -- THANK YOU MODS and LARIAN BRASS!!!

Oh EVERYONE gets vetted, they'll still have to fill out a Tyrs app that we can review. THIS is how we find quality peeps (and they find US). QUALITY over QUANTITY.

I'll be checking it out for sure tomorrow to strategize a solid recruitment plan of action, Blackheifer

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 07/08/23 02:59 PM.
OP Offline
After 16 years of first forming our guild, we are starting to recruit in a game that we think has a truly bright future. And we have some long time Tyrs leaders that will help us ensure success.

We are looking for quality folks. We continue to focus on recruiting those that best exemplify fair play. Those who value teamwork and those who will enjoy belonging to a tight-knit active D&D, RPG and/or MMO guild are the characteristics most sought after.

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 11/08/23 04:15 PM.
OP Offline
Welcome to Tyrs Paladium Aspida Cleric!!

You should make good friends with us. Be SURE to join us on Discord as well as on our forums!

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 19/08/23 02:18 PM.
OP Offline
Timme-b welcome to Tyrs Paladium!

Did you create your character yet? Let us know!

Please join us on Discord as well as on our forums!!!

OP Offline
Welcome Loogies to Tyrs Paladium!

Please join us on Discord and on our forums!!!

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 21/08/23 04:45 AM.
OP Offline
Well met Baldrik!

Welcome to Tyrs Paladium smile

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 26/08/23 05:34 AM.
OP Offline
Welcome to Tyrs Paladium Shadow, Itsmegonzo, and Luckyrat!

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Nice to see a group of older gamers! Unfortunately, it's looking less and less likely that I'll be getting this game. Good luck and you folks have fun!

By the way, what's the "Zerg" of your motto?

Last edited by quark12000; 30/08/23 02:22 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by quark12000
Nice to see a group of older gamers! Unfortunately, it's looking less and less likely that I'll be getting this game. Good luck and you folks have fun!

By the way, what's the "Zerg" of your motto?

Back at ya! Its a shame though that you arent planning on getting this game. We also reside in DDO which is an amazing party game as is Neverwinter with the right guild. We ware also in ESO and Guild Wars 2 which are great team sports!

Diablo 4 is like BG3 int he way that joining parties takes work and planning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard