Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sneak attack, hello? There are no spells or background abilities that let a non-rogue sneak attack. If a BG thief happens to start a combat round un-hidden, bonus action hide, sneak attack, bonus action hide again. Already hidden? Not in good position? Bonus action dash, sneak attack, bonus action hide. Two bonus actions is huge. If BG thieves lost the ability to pick locks and disarm traps, I'd still make Astarion or Tav a thief.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by branmakmuffin
Wow, all this fixation on traps and locks.

In the previous BG games, not being able to disarm traps and pick locks can be a huge inconvenience. All the other things a rogue does are great too (I love a good sneak attack), but it were the traps and locks which always rendered a rogue necessary.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Sneak attack, hello? There are no spells or background abilities that let a non-rogue sneak attack. If a BG thief happens to start a combat round un-hidden, bonus action hide, sneak attack, bonus action hide again. Already hidden? Not in good position? Bonus action dash, sneak attack, bonus action hide. Two bonus actions is huge. If BG thieves lost the ability to pick locks and disarm traps, I'd still make Astarion or Tav a thief.
You could go Gloomstalker, any dex fighter fighter, or shadow monk.

Even if I use astarion hes probably getting rerolled into one of these.

veteran
veteran

And if I play a rogue, that is a nice-to-have. But I still won't put up with Astarion for that, other classes have nice stuff too...

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
But Expertise is tasty and I'm not going to play a bard anytime soon.

(Or am I?).
I am. Gonna create halfing Isaac Stern or gnome Jascha Heifetz

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by fylimar

And if I play a rogue, that is a nice-to-have. But I still won't put up with Astarion for that, other classes have nice stuff too...

Hey, what did Astarion ever do to you? I mean besides pull a knife on you when your back was turned and try to exsanguinate you in your sleep. But what ELSE did he do?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Hey, what did Astarion ever do to you? I mean besides pull a knife on you when your back was turned and try to exsanguinate you in your sleep. But what ELSE did he do?

Isn't that enough? On top of that, his voice makes me aggressive,I hate basically everything he does and he is just unpleasent to be around.

Doctor Who
N
old hand
old hand
N

Isn't that enough? On top of that, his voice makes me aggressive,I hate basically everything he does and he is just unpleasent to be around.
Counter argument hes a baby.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
What does that even mean?

Doctor Who
N
old hand
old hand
N
Hes experiencing being a vampire for the first time, no longer bound by cazador's mental blocks.

Hes a newborn, experiencing hunger for the first time.

If you remember that you realize he's not that bad.

veteran
veteran
Hes experiencing being a vampire for the first time, no longer bound by cazador's mental blocks.

Oh yes, he is that bad. And no, he doesn't get leeway. And he is still only a vampire spawn.

Doctor Who
N
old hand
old hand
N

Oh yes, he is that bad. And no, he doesn't get leeway. And he is still only a vampire spawn.
Hes also a freed slave newborn.

W
veteran
veteran
W
I will say he is indeed that bad, but I am also here for it. Astarion is my pal. He’s my homeboy, my rotten soldier, my sweet cheese, my good time boy.

veteran
veteran

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

veteran
veteran
No, he isn't he is an elf so he lived quite a long time before. And I bet you, he was a shitty person in life too.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
No, he isn't he is an elf so he lived quite a long time before. And I bet you, he was a shitty person in life too.

I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT IS HE?

I will say he is indeed that bad, but I am also here for it. Astarion is my pal. He’s my homeboy, my rotten soldier, my sweet cheese, my good time boy.

You had me all the way up until sweet cheese.

And the repetition of the word "boy." I think I would change that last part of the line to read "my good time fella," just to vary it up a bit.

Also, I think I'm going crazy waiting for this release. Nevermind me, please.

veteran
veteran
He’s my homeboy, my rotten soldier, my sweet cheese, my good time boy.

You are unstoppable today.

W
veteran
veteran
W
It is actually a quote from What We Do in the Shadows. 😂

The vampire comedy mocumentary show.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing duplicates a rogue's sneak attack, or a BG3 thief's 2 bonus actions a round (although there is an item in EA that lets a character get an extra bonus action when they're at 50% health, or something like that). If a BG3 player doesn't care about sneaky sniping, then it's no big deal if no one in the party can do it. For me, it's a "must have."

N
old hand
old hand
N
Nothing duplicates a rogue's sneak attack, or a BG3 thief's 2 bonus actions a round (although there is an item in EA that lets a character get an extra bonus action when they're at 50% health, or something like that). If a BG3 player doesn't care about sneaky sniping, then it's no big deal if no one in the party can do it. For me, it's a "must have."
A level 7 character who takes 5 levels in ranger gloomstalker and 2 levels into fighter can take 6 attacks on the first round of combat if they action surge.

You could also go pure champion or pure Hunter and still do really good.

Beastmaster is a bit of a wildcard as we don't know the later progression, but it'll probably be really good too

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard