Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It’s time to take the party to the cloud. We’re excited to announce that Baldur’s Gate 3 is now available to stream via GeForce NOW! Experience Baldur’s Gate 3 on underpowered PCs and more with a GeForce NOW membership. Members will be able to adventure, loot, battle and romance as they journey through the Forgotten Realms, either alone or with companions.

To find out more about GeForce NOW, please visit Nvidia’s blog and follow the GeForce NOW Twitter channel.

apprentice
apprentice
I can't believe ive been waiting for this for 84 years, ever since early access started, and the game is finally being added to geforce now, a week after I was able to buy a new pc and be able to run the game without GFN lmao, the timing is hilarious but im still really glad ya'll added it!

Ha! A week after I sign up for Boosteroid and start playing it on there...go figure, but still cool!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Great news 🙏 Now our sad bunch of Stadia fans will have some alternative.

Originally Posted by asmin
Great news 🙏 Now our sad bunch of Stadia fans will have some alternative.
You are correct!
I tried out the free GFN account last night, and must say it looked great and ran incredible well. The only caveat was when I first loaded, it took some time to render all the environment in the Druid Grove. For a few minutes I was staring through the ground, out into the sea...no buildings or wooden platform, etc. Then everything popped in place and it was fine.
I'm hoping the paid subscription service will run a bit smoother right off the bat. Will find that out tonight ;-)

Edit,
Not that it matters, but I still miss the one button press launching from my Stadia controller. Sit down, press a button, TV turns on, Stadia launches, press play on BG3 and away we went.
It's kind of a pain to have to log in to GFN or Boosteroid, then log in to Steam, then log in to Larian, then wait for all the Steam windows to finish, etc. Each and every time since it's a new computer you're logging in with every time.
It would be really cool if Steam ran a GFN type service.

But it is nice to be able to play without a gaming rig.

Last edited by iBowfish; 10/02/23 01:46 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm one of the GeForce Now converts from Stadia, and I am very, very happy about getting my BG3 back.

Now, my TV's GFN app tells me BG3 is "currently not supported on this device". Understandably, since controller support still hasn't been added to the PC version.
I hope Larian may reprioritise and launch this feature soon. I think running around exploring with my character using the controller on Stadia was a far preferable experience to the point and click UX. The controller combat interface took some getting used to, but I thought it (and/or I) improved considerably over time from the initial EA launch.

I also think Nvidia should consider those of us who have mouse + keyboard plugged into our TVs, and let us get to play our strategy games on the big screens without demanding controller support, but that's for another forum.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Thats true but if you connect a keyboard and mouse it will work + also left right clikc weel + esc button .
The only platform that maked it possible to work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dear Larian, in my opinion: you are indeed the People's Champion and the true successors of the Bioware of yore, but you've become even better than they ever were. You've transcended them.

On behalf of all gamers (and entertainment consumers in general), thanks for everything you do and HOW you do it. Bravo to all.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Friendship ended with Stadia
Now GeForce NOW is my best friend

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
D
stranger
stranger
D
If you do the calculations and how expensive it is to upgrade every 5 years GeForce Now is a no brainer. It's the future!!

W
W
Maybe in the future, but as it is can't replace a real PC.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by williams85
Maybe in the future, but as it is can't replace a real PC.

It sure can for some of us. I'm more than happy to trade modability and using a trainer and what not for high quality graphics and reliability I simply can't afford

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Domokun84
If you do the calculations and how expensive it is to upgrade every 5 years GeForce Now is a no brainer. It's the future!!
It's not. No mods. No internet=no game. Slow internet=no game. Probably a lot more, this just what makes it useless for me.

It's a temporary measure, but not a replacement for owning hardware. Exchanging hardware is not that expensive if you take care of it and resell your old junk.

W
W
Not to mention everything outside of gaming, that it does worse. A PC is still that central hub that can do everything really well. compared to just do a few things decently.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Will GeForce Now be able to run the full release version on August 3rd, or will it take some time for that to happen?

Deepblue
R
stranger
stranger
R
The big caveat here is that GOG versions of theg ame are NOT able to be streamed on GeFORCE now, and likely will never be.

Only Steam versions work.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Deepblue962
Will GeForce Now be able to run the full release version on August 3rd, or will it take some time for that to happen?
I just found this on GeForce Now Twitter Account

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGFN/status/1686498608055472128?s=20

Q: Will the Baldur's Gate 3 launch on the same day/time as Steam?

A: Unfortunately we don't have news to share on this right now. If and when we do have news, we'll share on our channels.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Backdragon

A: Unfortunately we don't have news to share on this right now. If and when we do have news, we'll share on our channels.
The tweet is from January though.

As an aside, since Swen recommended to delete EA save and mods, and have a clean install of the game. I wonder how this is going to work with people who start on GeForce Now. I am planning my first playthrough there, since I am still waiting for the Mac release date.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by neuroticme

As an aside, since Swen recommended to delete EA save and mods, and have a clean install of the game. I wonder how this is going to work with people who start on GeForce Now. I am planning my first playthrough there, since I am still waiting for the Mac release date.

Actually, that was my tweet from earlier today, so it's current. The answer doesn't exactly fill me with hope. I can start the game on steam, but it will run badly.

Last edited by Paxil; 02/08/23 12:00 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Paxil
Originally Posted by neuroticme

Actually, that was my tweet from earlier today, so it's current. The answer doesn't exactly fill me with hope. I can start the game on steam, but it will run badly.
Sorry about that. I misread the time stamps. At least you can run the game. We Mac users are currently in limbo with Xbox players :P

Last edited by neuroticme; 02/08/23 12:38 AM. Reason: Added a sentence
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard