Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I have heard recently how Larian wanted the narrator to feel like DM sitting in front of you.

They wanted what?
If that was the initial goal, how come they settled for a completely different outcome, exactly?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
That tracks actually, from some of the outtake lines the narrator has in her YouTube videos

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I have heard recently how Larian wanted the narrator to feel like DM sitting in front of you.

They wanted what?
If that was the initial goal, how come they settled for a completely different outcome, exactly?
How does it feel different from the desired result to you?

"This woman has come in contact with Tokyo's manga. She is Unclean and would lead we righteous ones astray."
old hand
old hand
..more to the side.

Seriously, the only thing that worries me concerning voice is the available Tav voices. EA ones were too clean and polite. If I make a Dwarf, give me a gruff Scotsman's voice to pair it with, not some posh Englishman.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
veteran
veteran
I like the voice of Wyll's new voice actor but the previous one had a deep resonance that I'll miss. The new guy sounds a bit posh.

apprentice
apprentice
I had no idea Wyll has a new VA. Admittedly his original voice acting was one of the things I didn't like about him, and from the small sample I've heard of the original VA, this may actually make me inclined to give Wyll the time of day now. It's genuinely surprising how much the voice matters. A shame for the original that he won't be in the final product, but as long as he was properly compensated, I'm sure it's all good.

Late to this discussion, but my theory is that they picked Malady for the voice for a good reason. She has the perfect voice to narrate but also creates doubt and suspicion. I mean that's what some narrator's job can be. Not just tell you what you are seeing and hearing, but induce doubt in you.

I mean, think of Kreia. A script alone isn't enough. Even a good script. You need the voice, the right kind to bring it to life and give you what you want to see, and hear but also feel...

It's acting.

At least that's my 2$ laugh

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I think that she is doing great. I don't see where the complaints are coming from.

apprentice
apprentice
I can happily report the VA seems much, much better in the final build.

It's clear they have redone a lot of voice work. Not just the narrator, but Wyll in particular sound very different.

EDIT: just now realizing it's a different guy now. Wow.

Last edited by Davaretta; 05/08/23 01:55 PM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard