Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,

I just recruited my first and probably my last hireling.
I was thinking that you could do what you want with hirelings but in fact, you can just respec it without being able to change :

- their background,
- their race,
- their look & feel,
- their name

I have not been really catched by any origin character met so far in EA. Hirelings are worst since they don't have any story or any soul. You have just a bunch of characters with a pseudo story and a look and feel you have not chosen.

I don't understand where is the difficulty to add the possibility to add a custom choice where you can create your hireling like you want, especially with the way they are introduced to you (Trying to not spoil).
Or the possibility to save some characters you create and use them as hireling.
Hope a mod will allow you to do this in the future or perhaps in a next release.

Now, I am wondering if I will not restart my game with the old fashion (and silly) way...

Last edited by Starblaireau; 04/08/23 10:20 PM. Reason: typo issue

Dans le doute, frappe ...
P
stranger
stranger
P
Yeah, this is a colossal disappointment for me. Literally the worst case scenario goes as far as "custom" characters are concerned since there's nothing custom about them.

As someone that's very into making custom parties for later playthroughs, the hireling system as it stands is a complete waste of time since they're literally just premade characters without the bonus of having conversations with. Larian completely missed the memo of why people enjoy having custom runs.

There's a lot of good things about full release but this is absolutely not one of them.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I think they're included just to make fun of players who wanted to make custom parties and avoid Larian's pre made joinables. L0L

So far in my 1 customer character run (I'm also gonna do a custom 6 person party once some mods come out), I have literally been forced to defended myself against to psychos amongst the so called 'joinables' who tried to murder my character. How many more deaths will happen?

journeyman
journeyman
+1

Agree. It sucks. We have to wait for a mod to implement something that should be a basic feature for any modern crpg. It just seems silly.

Link Copied to Clipboard