Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Dear Larian

As it was in BG1 and BG2 - you were always able to remove custom character from your party....
... and here BG3 comes which destroyed a lot of multiplayer games & saves on the first days.

As you removed DB_Origins_MaxPartySize - Please find a solution to make it possible. Either let them go, either let them stay somewhere but you can't let it stay in current state.

Big threat on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nt_remove_friends_chars_from_your_party/

Thanks a lot and i hope you'll listen to your community as many of us have broken saves and we're just missing an opportunity to play together only because of this.

Last edited by KarolTKR; 05/08/23 12:56 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Seconding this but this doesn't sound like a suggestion/feedback quality thing and more of a bug. The fact I can't dismiss friends' characters means anyone dropping in on my game would effectively ruin my save if I don't have my shields up and prevent people from joining from step 1.

It's really crappy - I have no reason to want a friend's character here if they aren't here to play them. At least let me put them on the freakin' shelf.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I asked the same question in multiplayer section
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=875063

I hope when Larian fixes this problem, they also allow the host to create custom characters for the whole party and either advertise them in multiplayer or use them all in singleplayer. If someone joins multiplayer, they can either use the character provided or respec and if they quit, the host can either, respec back to the originally advertised character, play the respecced character, or leave the character in camp. That should prevent anyone from "messing up" a multiplayer game.

stranger
stranger
I wrote this response elsewhere but realise its probably more useful in the actual feedback area
I can understand this situation being feature intended but it would be a shame if it remained so for so many players.
Personally i would love the option of only having one TAV so my play partner can play any of the origin characters because they are so much more interesting narratively to us than the opportunity to have a second 'main' character.
If it turns out this doesnt get changed thats fine i suppose, ill play it the same way i did neverwinter where you can only hire one additional companion per player but i would really love to have 3 origin characters rather than 2 to explore with.
Ive played all the dnd games coop (that had coop) so this really wont be a single player game for me i just dont games like that anymore. Been waiting patiently since bg3 was announced so happy to wait a little longer if this change does end up on the roadmap.

Link Copied to Clipboard