Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#874698 05/08/23 02:33 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
There has been a total meltdown of the forum on Thursday 3rd.

For a good 24h at least, attempts to load the forum would yield an "account suspended" error page. That in itself is pretty poor : if there's an issue with a computer system, you'd like the system to at least produce accurate error messages (if your car is out of cooling liquid and says the battery is down ... that won't help you fix it). Most importantly though, the big bummer is that the forum just went down. On release day. Perhaps because of release day and the increased traffic.

Now, during that time period where the forum was mostly down, I managed to catch glimpses of a new forum structure, with 4 new sections : "Story & Character Discussion", "Build Discussion", "Multiplayer Discussion", and "Modding". I also noticed that there was a ton of new posts that I wanted to catch up with.

On Friday evening (European time), the forum came back. In its old structure, without the 4 new sections. And it was slow, with the usual "connection time out" messages that we all know and love. Now the speed is better.

However, the ton of posts that were posted on Thursday are all gone. And most of them were not in the new (and now gone) sections, but in "General" and "Suggestions & Feedback".

It would be real great to have an official communication from Larian about this. Not necessarily a solution, but least a message explaining that there's an issue, perhaps detailing what the issue is, saying that they're working on it, etc. You know, something to make it sound like they care about us forum users.

It would also be super great to have the currently-gone messages brought back to life when the forum is brought back to the evolved form it was in on Thursday. It wouldn't be great to have hundreds of posts gone forever, in the eternal void of oopsie.

addict
addict
I thought I got banned for posing a question on the third. I didn't see it as a spoiler. Multiple people on the steam forums were having the same issue. Yea does seem a little curious. I would still like to know how to turn off the annoying "pop up" description of the enemies attack. Ive looked everywhere, I sure hope there will be a patch to turn that off,

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
addict
addict
I thought I got banned for posing a question on the third. I didn't see it as a spoiler. Multiple people on the steam forums were having the same issue. Yea does seem a little curious. I would still like to know how to turn off the annoying "pop up" description of the enemies attack. Ive looked everywhere, I sure hope there will be a patch to turn that off,

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
veteran
veteran
It seems like we got some more than week older version back up ...
I cant see my old responces in various topics.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Yes I had to turn to the Steam forum for the first time because I also thought I was banned. What else should you think when something like that is slapped in your face:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I guess Larian needs to "gather" their forum stability skills before we can "venture forth" with more sub-forums and postings.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I thought I got suspended for the "Is Gale ... [Spoilers]" thread and then couldn't login until now because of a mysterious administrative reason. "Only visible to mods". Maybe I was? How do you tell? It's not locked, though...

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I promise I didn't go on an account suspending spree grin

The problems were with UBB, the company that provides the forums, but last I heard Larian and they were still trying to work out exactly what had gone wrong and indeed what was done to fix it. Hopefully we'll get some clarity on Monday. It's interesting that some content has gone missing. I'll make sure that's passed on.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
It's nice to have the forum back again ??

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Good to be back again.

Doomlord #874908 05/08/23 01:40 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Me too, I didn't mind it however I was curious about why I was suspended, turns out it was an error and I wasn't banned for no reason, like you see the suspended message and immediately go "what did I do to get suspended?"

Also a suspension isn't something I need to worry about I have about 7 or more emails, technically I'm harder to remove than a Mindflayer Tadpole.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 05/08/23 01:52 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard