Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hoping you are enjoying Baldur's Gate 3!

We have added some extra sections on the Baldur’s Gate 3 forums to help find certain discussions more easily and to manage spoilers:

Baldur's Gate III - Story & Character Discussion
Please keep all spoilers about the story, characters, etc on this forum only! It’s also appreciated if you can keep the titles as non-spoilery as possible and warn accordingly in your thread, including putting the most spoilery bits in spoiler tags to hide them from the unwary

Baldur's Gate III - Build Discussion
To discuss any and all builds! Please try keep spoilers out of this subforum.

Baldur's Gate III - Multiplayer Discussion
To discuss the multiplayer experience, and to look for group. Please try keep spoilers out of this subforum.

Baldur's Gate III - Modding
Discussing mods and showcase. Please try to keep spoilers from the titles and tag them according in the body of text.

For now, we would also like to ask you to keep spoilers off the Baldur's Gate III - General subforum, please be mindful of your fellow forum members as everyone will get through the story at their own pace!

It's understandable that some discussions in "No Spoiler" areas might veer into spoilers and that's completely fine! Just, please, try to warn and spoiler the text if this happens.

The Help. Tips & Tricks forum remains as the place to ask fellow forum members for advice, and the Suggestions & Feedback forum for discussion of other elements of the game, gameplay and mechanics. Please try to keep spoilers out of these forums as far as possible, but where unavoidable then again do try to keep the titles non-spoilery and pop the actual spoilers in tags in the post body.

To add spoiler tags to your text simply use the following code:

Code
[spoiler] Any spoilers here! [/spoiler]

(please bear in mind these tags don't work on thread titles)

Happy adventuring! laezelapprove

Last edited by Salo; 05/08/23 09:54 AM.
addict
addict
Thanks for moving the General section down, at the bottom of the list of forum sections. I believe this was done today (Monday 7th August). This means that people who can't be bothered reading the descriptions of forum sections will hopefully find their way to a more appropriate section, thus helping General be used less as an "everything goes" section and more as the "every topic that doesn't fit elsewhere" section it is meant to be.

Originally Posted by Salo
Baldur's Gate III - Modding
Discussing mods and showcase. Please try to keep spoilers from the titles and tag them according in the body of text.

This section currently does not exist. More specifically, it has not been re-opened. It was indeed there on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th, but then the forum went down. It would be nice to have it re-opened.

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post on forum issues, it would be great to have the hundreds of message that were posted on Thursday and Friday be re-established. For instance, in the Modding section, I remember seeing a mod by The Composer allowing multi-classing in Explorer difficulty. All in all, there are probably 300+ messages that disappeared when the forum went down and back up.

_____

EDIT.

In addition to the issue of the deleted posts, there's also the fact that, in many (most ? all ?) the posts that were written before the crash, some special characters have been replaced by a set of 3 unrelated special characters (for instance, the apostrophe was replaced by ’).

It would be great to have this cleaned up as well.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 08/08/23 12:21 AM. Reason: added the issue of special characters
J
stranger
stranger
J
Where is the Modding forum for BG 3?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by JTCMidas
Where is the Modding forum for BG 3?
I don't think modding is directly supported. People just have figured it out from the previous games they created.

M
M
I can't see the Modding forum. Can you please make it viewable? Thank you.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by machinus
I can't see the Modding forum. Can you please make it viewable? Thank you.

I know that Salo had to reapply a number of the forum organisation changes after the outage we had around release time, so it's possible the Modding forum settings got messed up at that time. In which case I feel bad that I've been moving some threads there, when no-one can then see them eek

I'll let Salo know so she can check the settings tomorrow. It's not something I have access to.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Salo says that the Modding subforum should now be visible. The permissions had indeed been messed up by the outage.

Also, while I'm here, I know it will take some time to get used to the new forum structure, but I'm just going to ask everyone to please try to find the most suitable subforum for their topic. I'm spending a lot of time at the moment moving threads from General into other, better locations.

And if you do create your thread in the General subforum, then fair warning that I might move it to a better location. I've been trying to let people know when I do this, but there are so many posts it's not sustainable to individually message posters any more. But if you do find your post has vanished, then its probably because I've put it somewhere else.

You can find your posts by adapting the following link:

Code
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=YOUR PROFILE ID

Your profile ID is shown at the top of your profile info screen, which you can find by selecting your username up at the top right and clicking on your avatar. Or alternatively, if you have access to one of your posts then you can simply click on your own display name next to the post to get a pop-up menu that includes the option to view your own Forum Posts.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
Thank you, Red Queen, for volunteering to do the communication and community management on this topic, on top of your role of moderator.

On my side, I can confirm that I still do not see a Modding section.

Also, do we have any news on the posts that got posted over the 3rd-4th August and never came back ?

And could Larian do, or ask UBB to do, something about the the special characters being displayed wrong in old posts (the apostrophe character being the most frequent issue) ?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
On my side, I can confirm that I still do not see a Modding section.

Gah! Could I check, have you tried logging out, logging in again and also closing and reopening your browser? And does this link, which should take you to the new subforum, give you an error message: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=104&page=1?

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else can yet see the new subforum.

Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
Also, do we have any news on the posts that got posted over the 3rd-4th August and never came back ?

And could Larian do, or ask UBB to do, something about the the special characters being displayed wrong in old posts (the apostrophe character being the most frequent issue) ?

Salo says she's checking about the lost posts, but she believes that to restore the forums from the outage, they had to be recovered from a backup and therefore unfortunately stuff that was posted after that backup just before the forums went down might be lost for good. I also suspect that the restore process might be responsible for all the special characters that have appeared in old posts. I've asked Salo about that too, and will let you know what she discovers.

old hand
old hand
I can't see a modding subforum...

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

Did you click on the link (https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=104&page=1), and if so what does it show? I'm trying to work out where the problem is: whether it's the underlying permissions or if it's not showing up on the front screen for some reason.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

Did you click on the link (https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=104&page=1), and if so what does it show? I'm trying to work out where the problem is: whether it's the underlying permissions or if it's not showing up on the front screen for some reason.

It says: "Sorry, you are not logged in or you don't have permission for that." Both logged in and logged out. I would also prefer that no login is necessary. Would be annoying if you had to log in every time to see this subforum... But currently it doesn't work at all.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 14/08/23 07:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
After doing a bit of testing, https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=100&page=1 shows up as a modding troubleshooting subforum, but there doesn't appear to be anything there.

old hand
old hand
I tried to find my old posts in that former modding subforum but nothing...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 14/08/23 07:41 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, let me get back to Salo and we'll try again!

Can I check whether everyone can see the other new subforums? That is, Story & Character, Multiplayer and Build Discussions?

Last edited by The Red Queen; 14/08/23 07:55 PM.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Okay, let me get back to Salo and we'll try again!

Can I check whether everyone can see the other new subforums? That is, Story & Character, Multiplayer and Build Discussions?

This is how it looks at the moment. Everything there except for said modding subforum...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
M
I also cannot see the Modding forum yet.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Cheers all, and thanks Lotus Noctus for the screenshot. As you say, it's just the Modding subforum, which should appear under Multiplayer, that's missing.

Hopefully Salo will be able to fix that tomorrow.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Salo has reviewed and updated the settings for the Modding subforum again. Could someone do me a favour and check to see if it has no appeared? It should be under Multiplayer Discussion.

Cheers!

addict
addict
Thanks Red Queen, for informing us that Larian has acted upon the issue of the Modding section of the forum not being accessible.

I can confirm that now have access to it. Also, the posts/threads that you moved there (after the forum came back online) are visible indeed. (The messages that were posted on the 3rd and 4th are not, just like everywhere else.)

I can't help noticing that players have raised this issue with Larian for a full week, before our moderator picked up the torch and obtained results within a day. The annoying bit with Larian's ivory tower policy is that we don't know if :
  • Larian didn't get our messages (e.g. because the forums are not monitored frequently enough) ; or
  • Larian did get our message and decided it wasn't worth solving the reported issue (we're lowly players after all, and this forum is an afterthought).

And when the Red Queen relayed the issue, Larian acted on it and fixed it promptly. Which suggests
  • Larian does receive messages when they come from the moderator, that's when they were notified of the issue and decided to fix it ; or
  • Larian initially decided not to fix the issue but on second thought (since it was no longer reported by mere players) they decided it was worth fixing it.

Of course, it's also possible that this is just an unfortunate coincidence. Perhaps Larian was notified of the issue a week ago, it took a week to solve it, and then the Red Queen just happened to contact Larian the day before it was fixed. So it merely looks as if it was the fact that the same request came from the moderator that got things fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard