Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#874528 02/08/23 11:35 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
When I played DDO, which was for a very long time. There were a handful of guild across all servers who played Perma-death. I too for awhile played it. ( Perma Death, when you die you re-roll)

Anyone here consider it? I will admit I have, still rolling it around. Most likely my first play through I wont.

Oh 15 hrs wooot I'm not sure how much sleep I'm going to get lol, and I'm a older man haha

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
W
veteran
veteran
W
Whenever one of my party members go down that is an instant reload. You are braver than I for even considering. 😂

veteran
veteran
If Astarion accidentally falls on a wooden stake, it's perma death yep.

veteran
veteran
I strongly prefer perma-death runs when I'm not just casually playing. Makes it all feel so much more tense.

JandK #874551 03/08/23 12:00 AM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
I strongly prefer perma-death runs when I'm not just casually playing. Makes it all feel so much more tense.

Makes me more tactically minded for sure, with that said, BG3 IMO is naturally that way any way, I cant just Zerg, it doesn't end well. With that said after so many play throughs it did loose its...sense of danger right, as we already knew everything, I get the sense ill be more careful tomorrow. Also I be playing the default normal setting.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
“Accidentally”

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
addict
addict
No thanks smile

DnD has revivify, raise dead, etc. as part of the lore. Yeah, a certain BG3 NPC shaves a bit of the cost off the top for you, but it is the same difference at the end of the day.

I understand the thrill though. I played X-Com on whatever difficulty it had that was permadeath and every choice felt impactful and it sent a jolt of adrenaline through me when the enemies went.

My heart couldn't take it though. My family has a history of heart issues, so I don't want to risk it :p

Back from timeout.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by benbaxter
No thanks smile

DnD has revivify, raise dead, etc. as part of the lore. Yeah, a certain BG3 NPC shaves a bit of the cost off the top for you, but it is the same difference at the end of the day.

I understand the thrill though. I played X-Com on whatever difficulty it had that was permadeath and every choice felt impactful and it sent a jolt of adrenaline through me when the enemies went.

My heart couldn't take it though. My family has a history of heart issues, so I don't want to risk it :p

With perma death you can raise dead if you can cast it. In DDO there was no leaving the quest and coming back, or taking someone to the Res shrine. You could use scrolls and wands you found, but you couldnt go to the shop and buy any, and really what ever rules you make. Yea I hear ya, if I want a heart attack I just turn on Elden Ring or Sekiro lol

Last edited by Doomlord; 03/08/23 12:15 AM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
“Accidentally”

Astarion: "Hey Tav, throw me a steak will you?"

Tav *throws stake*

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
“Accidentally”

Tav *throws stake*
Astarion: Do you have any idea of what’s at stake here?
Tav: Yes, you.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
“Accidentally”

Tav *throws stake*
Astarion: Do you have any idea of what’s at stake here?
Tav: Yes, you.
*Sticks a fence post in a cow, lights it on fire*
Now THAT'S a wood-in-steak!

...I'll see myself out.

addict
addict
Reasonable perma-death rules also makes you bother taking the raise dead spell etc. Funnily enough, when I played BG2 first time, it never occurred to me to reload, so I was keen to always have 2 cleric types in a party of 6.

I don't know the 5e rules for raising, but in earlier rules it was possible the raise would fail and you would perma-die, and you would perma-lose constitution eren if raising succeeded. These would also be good rules today.

But not in my first BG3 run smile

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard