Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Excellent wiki.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Good wiki, much nicer than the auto-generated nonsense on fextra.

Crazy that it's the second result on duckduckgo but doesn't even show up on google (at least not on the first page). I only found it by googling for permanent stat bonuses in bg3, finding a reddit post discussing that, and clicking a link to the wiki in one of the posts. laugh

I think that's a last straw sort of moment for me, I'm getting the fuck off google (insofar as that's even possible).

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Elk Mooser
Good wiki, much nicer than the auto-generated nonsense on fextra.

Crazy that it's the second result on duckduckgo but doesn't even show up on google (at least not on the first page). I only found it by googling for permanent stat bonuses in bg3, finding a reddit post discussing that, and clicking a link to the wiki in one of the posts. laugh

I think that's a last straw sort of moment for me, I'm getting the fuck off google (insofar as that's even possible).
Google has abandoned the goal of being a good search engine years ago. Nowadays it is more of an advertisement platform where only some cherry-picked results are promoted. Result pages past the first one are a wasteland of spam content.

stranger
stranger
Superbly designed and a great community behind it too. No ads and its all done for love.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
Finally a wiki free of the clutching grasp of fextralife.

lol very true

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Taylan
Hey all, just a heads up on our Baldur's Gate 3 Community Wiki:

We've made great progress both in the server's ability to handle heavy load, and the wiki's design and content. I believe we're ready for a potential onslaught of visitors at launch!

Since Google inexplicably won't show us in their search results (DuckDuckGo works great), I thought I'd make sure to mention it here one more time, so people know this exists:

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

The only BG3 wiki I need and want. Bookmarked.

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.
veteran
veteran
Mods, can we get this thread or something similar pinned to top of one of the forum categories?

Any of "Megathreads and Guides", "General", or "Help Tricks and Tips" would be appropriate.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
The virgin fextralife vs the chad bg3.wiki

I did notice bg3 wiki actual data mined a bit of info on higher level spells, like Planar Binding is an action, lasts 10 minutes, and has a Wisdom save, all the same as Dominate Person which suggests Planar Binding is basically Dominate Person for Fey, Celestials, Fiends, and Elementals.

Planar Ally is one action has a range, but no duration, suggesting its purhaps like Find Familiar, but with more powerful creatures.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you! I support any wiki that is not Fextralife!

I LOATHE fextralife; They shove their twitch auto-player on every webpage to inflate their viewer numbers, they copy/paste info from smaller wikis, and they stop updating wikis when the game stops bringing traffic.
Heck, there's still dead links on their Dark Souls 3 wiki because they just stopped updating it when the popularity died down.

They are the single worst wiki and yet, somehow, always get top billing on google.
Ticks me off.

stranger
stranger
All the pop-up ads and spam videos running on Fextralife site is horrible. I hate it.

I will be using this https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Main_Page wonderful wiki. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard