Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Anyone else having the audio/sound issue? After installing and running it, I can hear the logo sound fine, but then the game itself plays nothing.

I tried multiple sources, hdmi, external DAC, and just from mobo audio jack, nothing works.

Tried updating nvidia drivers, tried switching to studio drivers.
Tried downgrading nvidia drivers to previous version, and then tried to install new version again.

Tried uninstalling the audio drivers from device manager, restarting windows so it auto installs them again.

Tried enabling the spatial audio thing on windows, and tried switching between 44khz, 48khz and 24 bit to 16 bit.

Tried disabling all audio devices apart from 1.

Restarted PC a few times.

Reinstalled the game a few times.
Tried file integrity check a few times (gives me 100% everytime).

Tried running the bg3_dx11.exe directly.

Anyone got any ideas? No audio issues on anything else other than this game.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Do you actually have no audio at all? I can still hear the background noises in the menu, but otherwise I'm having the same issue... No dialog in the intro movie, nor in the character intros... Just the background ambient noises.

I've tried all the same things as you. DirectX, Vulcan, driver verification, spatial audio, restarted, verified files, checked that game was going to correct audio device, running bg3 directly...

Nothing changes anything.

apprentice
apprentice
I have the same, I hear the intro logo, the intro music in the menu, but I. Character creation menu when you proceed after entering a name you need to create another character my audio cracks and makes noise and pops out. I have did the following with no succes.

-verify gamefiles
-reinstalled the game
-verified my audio settings making sure it was alright
-changed output from 44.1 to 48 and vice versa
-disconnected game controller
-reinstalled realtek drivers
-reinstalled gpu drivers
-dissabled the mic just to be sure.
-used a DAC
-Completely reinstalled Windows

Nothing helps

In EA everything was fine and now I cannot play it. It sucks. I hope a fix will come soon. Otherwise I am going to buy a different Motherboard maybe it has better audio. My specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: AMD RX 6700XT
SSD: XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 C18 4x8GB
MBD: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Dan K
Do you actually have no audio at all? I can still hear the background noises in the menu, but otherwise I'm having the same issue... No dialog in the intro movie, nor in the character intros... Just the background ambient noises.

I've tried all the same things as you. DirectX, Vulcan, driver verification, spatial audio, restarted, verified files, checked that game was going to correct audio device, running bg3 directly...

Nothing changes anything.

Yeah it doesn't work at all, after selecting new game, the cutscene doesn't have any either, and when I go into character creation, still nothing.

Originally Posted by HellhoundNL
I have the same, I hear the intro logo, the intro music in the menu, but I. Character creation menu when you proceed after entering a name you need to create another character my audio cracks and makes noise and pops out. I have did the following with no succes.

-verify gamefiles
-reinstalled the game
-verified my audio settings making sure it was alright
-changed output from 44.1 to 48 and vice versa
-disconnected game controller
-reinstalled realtek drivers
-reinstalled gpu drivers
-dissabled the mic just to be sure.
-used a DAC
-Completely reinstalled Windows

Nothing helps

In EA everything was fine and now I cannot play it. It sucks. I hope a fix will come soon. Otherwise I am going to buy a different Motherboard maybe it has better audio. My specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: AMD RX 6700XT
SSD: XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 C18 4x8GB
MBD: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Damn, reinstalled windows and still nothing? Geeze.

My specs are the 7950x3d, rtx 4080, DDR5 64GB, and I'm on the AM5 mobos, the X670 gaming X gigabyte.

Maybe new mobo might do it, but not because of the audio chip I think, the audio chip isn't even involed if you use a DAC or HDMI.
Maybe some other setting in mobo that's causing an issue? Who knows.

You can try installing Windows 7, since the game is on DX11, it should work. The launcher won't work because it requires one of the newer frameworks that isn't supported by windows 7, but you can just try launching the dx11.exe directly.
Maybe that'll work?

Last edited by deama12; 05/08/23 05:17 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Also tried to launch de bg3_dx11.exe as admin even did a clean startup and still nothing.

The only thing I can think off now are two things or the game has some code in it which doesn't work X mobo's ory mobo is broken.

I want to play the damn game waited from the moment they announced it.

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Also tried to launch de bg3_dx11.exe as admin even did a clean startup and still nothing.

The only thing I can think off now are two things or the game has some code in it which doesn't work X mobo's ory mobo is broken.

I want to play the damn game waited from the moment they announced it.
Yeah I've been waiting 3 years for it, I took up holiday next week to play it, but I guess that's wasted...

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi deama12, have you reported your problem to Larian support as per the guidance in this post from Salo?

I haven't seen anyone post a solution to the issue here as yet, so you might be better going direct to Larian. I'm assuming that it must be something to do with your setup as most people don't seem to be having problems, but they might have had other reports and have been able to diagnose the problem. I hope you manage to get a resolution soon!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
stranger
stranger
Had this same issue when first installing the full install. Had deleted EA according to the Larian recommendations, in order, fully. Still, Splash screen sound, then no sound once the game started up.

When I Started the game from within Steam there was an "issue/error" pop-up.

If you get that, click on the 'open folder' option.

I had the following showing:

Version: 4.1.1.3622274 Platform: steam
-------------------------
Altered/Added files 2
Data\Minimaps.pak
Data\Patch9_HF1.pak
Files in Mods folder 0

I searched for and deleted the Minimap and Patch9_HF1 files...resolved! No crashes/issues since. If you see any Altered or Added files, find and destroy!

Last edited by STR3T; 05/08/23 06:58 PM.
D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Hi deama12, have you reported your problem to Larian support as per the guidance in this post from Salo?

I haven't seen anyone post a solution to the issue here as yet, so you might be better going direct to Larian. I'm assuming that it must be something to do with your setup as most people don't seem to be having problems, but they might have had other reports and have been able to diagnose the problem. I hope you manage to get a resolution soon!
Yeah I submitted to them a while ago.

Originally Posted by STR3T
Had this same issue when first installing the full install. Had deleted EA according to the Larian recommendations, in order, fully. Still, Splash screen sound, then no sound once the game started up.

Altered/Added files 2
Data\Minimaps.pak
Data\Patch9_HF1.pak
Files in Mods folder 0

I searched for and deleted the Minimap and Patch9_HF1 files...resolved! No crashes/issues since. If you see any Altered or Added files, find and destroy!
For some reason I don't have a /data folder in
C:\Users\deama\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by deama12

Altered/Added files 2
Data\Minimaps.pak
Data\Patch9_HF1.pak
Files in Mods folder 0

Look in the Steam install path Data folder, i.e. the place the game itself is installed.

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by deama12

Altered/Added files 2
Data\Minimaps.pak
Data\Patch9_HF1.pak
Files in Mods folder 0

Look in the Steam install path Data folder, i.e. the place the game itself is installed.

I don't have those two files there, I have "Patch0_Hotfix1.pak" but no other patches and no minimap either.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Came here to say I had this problem and I tried everything.

Including but not limited to: DDU clean reinstall of gpu driver. Disabling hesuvi(didn't really matter because I kept it on later). Un/reinstalling APO. Swapping game files between hdd, external hdd, and ssd(this has fixed another game's inexplicable problem once before). Changing around audio format(24bit,48000hz), disabling everything that isn't the actual headphone output, deleting amd audio driver. Went to process lasso to make sure game has affinity for all cpu cores. In no particular order.
Then verified files(obviously that did nothing), and put cyberfsr on for fsr2.1.2 in vulkan. There might have been a discord update.

I also had a problem with the game not be launchable a 2nd time(first time worked fine beside the lack of sound past logo animation) without restarting pc.

Something fixed it. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it because I can't and don't want to replicate the problem. This was on the day after launch, way before hotfix #1. Too bad the forum was down when I got it to work and I had obviously better things to do than wait for forum to get ressed.

Last edited by BOKU Haram; 05/08/23 09:29 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I don't have those two files there, I have "Patch0_Hotfix1.pak" but no other patches and no minimap either.

Same here, certainly after the clean Windows install haha. I am gonna try process lasso and finding where I can turn on the fsr

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by BOKU Haram
Came here to say I had this problem and I tried everything.

Including but not limited to: DDU clean reinstall of gpu driver. Disabling hesuvi(didn't really matter because I kept it on later). Un/reinstalling APO. Swapping game files between hdd, external hdd, and ssd(this has fixed another game's inexplicable problem once before). Changing around audio format(24bit,48000hz), disabling everything that isn't the actual headphone output, deleting amd audio driver. Went to process lasso to make sure game has affinity for all cpu cores. In no particular order.
Then verified files(obviously that did nothing), and put cyberfsr on for fsr2.1.2 in vulkan. There might have been a discord update.

I also had a problem with the game not be launchable a 2nd time(first time worked fine beside the lack of sound past logo animation) without restarting pc.

Something fixed it. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it because I can't and don't want to replicate the problem. This was on the day after launch, way before hotfix #1. Too bad the forum was down when I got it to work and I had obviously better things to do than wait for forum to get ressed.

Same here, certainly after the clean Windows install haha. I am gonna try process lasso and finding where I can turn on the fsr

Ok, managed to fix it finally.

I'm on a 7950x3d so I pin games to different CCX/Numa nodes and stuff. It looks like, for some reason, baldur's gate 3 HAS to run on all cores, otherwise it won't work.
And I think you have to set it to all cores BEFORE launching the game, e.g. set explorer.exe to all cores, then launch the .exe, or set the launcher.exe to all cores, before launching the game.

apprentice
apprentice
Where do I do this? In process lasso or somewhere else because this is something I haven't done before.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Sry for english.

I've the same error with Directx11

The problem disappears when using Vulkan drivers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Where do I do this? In process lasso or somewhere else because this is something I haven't done before.
I use process lasso, but you can do this in just task manager by right clicking explorer.exe and making sure all the affinities are set for it.
Or instead of explorer.exe, the launcher.

apprentice
apprentice
But When I open process lasso every core is already enabled, so what do I change? cause it still won't work

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
But When I open process lasso every core is already enabled, so what do I change? cause it still won't work
Hmm, not sure in your case then, maybe you need to force enable it with process lasso? Maybe it switches cores temporarily whilst starting and that screws it up?

Try making sure all the cores are checked for explorer.exe and the launcher.exe, and then start the game normally.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't understand the program. I cannot start a game or edit settings when it is not active so I need to start it first then I can alter it. I have put everything on I think, affinity checked all the cores, cpu priority on high, cpu sets on all. I checked force. Now on DX11 the game won't start and on Vulkan got the same error.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard