stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
error savegame load failed error code 304 116

keeps happening now when i try to reload a save... 0 mods

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

it literally only started to happen after 54+ hours in a single campaign and now ive ran out of options. Looking for anything that can help besides

i went through all the fixes that were talked about nothing worked except loading a save further back, but then it would give me the same error after playing for a bit.

I did everything posted in https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3808408328765626061/?ctp=2

again this is when i LOAD a recent save.

Last edited by furi; 08/08/23 01:19 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Have you submitted your bug and a save file you can’t load to Larian support? There’s a link to the right place on their support website up along the top of the game launcher. It’s possible they can help, or at the very least that they can use your file to help diagnose and then fix whatever the problem is.

Good luck!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
the save is out of snyc
for ref 304 and 116 = the server thinks you are already logged in and so rejected your sign in... given the sorry state of Larian servers these last two days its hardly a shock

1 wait 15 mins before trying again... thats Steams timeout limit
2 you can try a local save... you rally only want cloud saves for swapping between other computers imo but hard save point also tend to be more stable than quick save and auto save is the worse option

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
F
furi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
the save is out of snyc
for ref 304 and 116 = the server thinks you are already logged in and so rejected your sign in... given the sorry state of Larian servers these last two days its hardly a shock

1 wait 15 mins before trying again... thats Steams timeout limit
2 you can try a local save... you rally only want cloud saves for swapping between other computers imo but hard save point also tend to be more stable than quick save and auto save is the worse option

if it works how you are saying, why can i load a save from about an hour or so before but ocne i play on that one when i try to save later on it goes back to this error.

i did it twice or so going back saves and tyring to play ending up just losing a few hours

M
stranger
stranger
M
Have the same error furi, I also tried going back further and further to no avail. Lost around 50 hours too. Submitted a bug report, hopefully they can figure something out.

Edit: Also tried going forward past the area that was causing it, still causes corrupted saves in a completely different area.

Last edited by Minigun; 07/08/23 06:41 PM.
F
furi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Minigun
Have the same error furi, I also tried going back further and further to no avail. Lost around 50 hours too. Submitted a bug report, hopefully they can figure something out.

Edit: Also tried going forward past the area that was causing it, still causes corrupted saves in a completely different area.

yea its a real shit situation, i think people with this issue are going to have to wait for others to get to this point in the story so the complaints and issues with saves/loading become more aware

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm getting this same error code the moment I enter the Shadow-cursed lands. From either way into them as well. I can load any save beforehand, but none afterwards.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hey, Getting the exact same error. The moment i load into Shadow-curse land ( act2 ) every save are corrupted, even before speaking to Elminster. When i load back a save made 3 min before in act 1 everything load normaly. Tried a lot to get this bug to stop corrupting my save but nothing worked yet. Hope they fix it soon want to continue my game.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I am so sorry, but... yeah, that sure is cursed land, alright!

F
furi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
It didnt get fixed in todays hotfix #2

B
old hand
old hand
B
So five days since release and they are already on Hotfix #2.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Well I started a 2nd char and got past the part I was bugged on. Might be something to consider, I don't think they will fix it anytime soon, or if it's even possible.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same bug at the end of game, and there is no way around it, disabling cloud save don't help at all.
Well, think i have to wait a patch.

F
furi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
anyone know if this new hotfix today fixed it?? i cant load the older save but i replayed from the latest save i could get into and i havent had an issue loading back onto it after around an hour of gameplay

S
stranger
stranger
S
I had same issue, couldn't load game got 304,116 error code, I found that if you work your way back one at a time to a previous saved game you will find where it doesn't do that anymore... I only had to go back 4 saves but I save a LOT so it wasn't much rework... now I'm having issue with can't long rest even when going back to camp and I'm on the wall of traps all traps disarmed... in Under dark Grymforge ugh! got back to back "1" roll disarming and blew entire party up between flames!

I have played online games since 1991 when Never Winter Nights was released on AOL... I KNOW my games... and I have known many many games since. So don't question my gaming experience it's longer then most of you have been alive.
M
stranger
stranger
M
It seems fixed, I can get past it now, wish I had waited lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard