Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#876537 08/08/23 10:48 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Please let me choose NOT to be from Baldur's Gate in the future. My character is a druid outlander, not some city snob.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Is there much about your background in the game, I have played around 3 hours and only had an inkling I was from BG when the 'Baldurian' option came up. Have you lost your memory or just a blank background? Given you are not voiced, there is little to go on for your own personality/life story up to now. What even were you doing when abducted?!

Remember in BG1 there was a cool char biography filling in some blanks at the start. Pillars of Eternity 1 also had dialogue at the start fleshing your character out. Far more immersive than headcanon.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Most Baldurian choices I have seen were related to Wyll.

At best you can ignore them and pick other options.
I guess it was planned to offer a selection of tags for custom characters but that got scrapped at some point so everyone is from Baldurs Gate.

As BG is one if the largest cities in the world it is not that unbelievable, but it still would have been nice if there had been other ootions for more exotic race/class combinations.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gale is only common race (Humans, Elves, Dwarves etc) not from Baldur's Gate he is from Waterdeep, Lae'zel and Githyanki are from a creche, Underdark races from the Underdark (Lolth Drow, Duergar, Deep Gnomes) and everyone else is from the city one way or another.

Evil always finds a way.

Link Copied to Clipboard