Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#876844 08/08/23 07:40 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I downloaded 1 mod (enhanced nude bodies). Placed it in the data folder. It was 1 file in several subfolders. I started the game and got this data mismatch error. i deleted the modfile. Started the game again, same error.
Checked File list. It listed 4 files in the Localization folder. Which i didnt alter in any way, i think.

This is what i tried:
I started the game anyway. All text in the loading screen and in the menu said: unknown error.
I verified game files. All verified. Same error.
I deleted the localization folder. Verified files. It downloaded/installed the files. Same error. Text in game was fixed now. I played for 2 hours. All seemed good.

This error worries me. I may run into issues. It seems so weird.
I added a file, then deleted it, now this error keeps popping up...Or maybe it is only an error you just get once you have altered the files in any way? and its no big deal? I didnt really alter anything.

btw: i dont have a baldurs gate 3 folder in appdata/larianstudios? Where is my save data? Did they change the location? I like to backup my saves.

Anyone any idea's plz? Re-installing will take so loooong.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Do you have a link for the mod? Mods usually do not just drop into the Data folder.

The path for saves should be:
AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story

Search engines exist.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/652?tab=description
Said in the description to drop in the data folder..
Even if that is incorrect. I dont get why this data mismatch error happened. Especially after i deleted the mod file.

I did search where the save folder is located...
Thats why i asked. I thought it wasnt there for me. Just realized i glanced over local...so i only checked appdata/larianstudios. So yeah, my bad, they are there. Ty anyway.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
several mods will trigger it and the maker will advise you to ignore it or not...

B
old hand
old hand
B
Strange. The mods I use generally recommend a mod manager. This mod is indeed saying drop the "Generated" folder into the Data folder.

The "Localisation" folder is just the folder for the various languages so what are the 4 files which are named in the mismatch? For what it is worth, in my Localisation folder I have 12 folders (Brazilian ----> Ukrainian) plus 5 loose files.

Do you have save from before you installed the mod?

There appear to be issues with clipping from what I see in the mod's posts tab at Nexus.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I dont really care about the mod. I deleted it immediately after i got the data mismatch error.
And this error is my issue atm.

When i open file list, after i get the error:
Version: 4.1.1.3630146
Platform: steam

-------------------------
Altered/Added files 4
Localization\English.pak
Localization\English_Animations.pak
Localization\Voice.pak
Localization\VoiceMeta.pak

-------------------------
Files in Mods folder 0

I also have language.lsx in this folder. These are the only files i have in this folder. I only use english, so seems fine.

So i think these files are somehow related to the error? Which doesnt make sense since i havent altered these.
Like i said before. I deleted and re-verified/re-installed these. Still the same mismatch error.

Is something really wrong here? Bit scared to continue playing while having this error. I dont wanna lose progress or be completely F-ed somehow.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh
several mods will trigger it and the maker will advise you to ignore it or not...

Oh so its just a notification everyone gets once they put in 1 mod? and it usually doesnt mather?

This notification scared me. They should make it a lot more clear imo.

Also. why does it says these 4 language files are the issue. So weird.

Last edited by Socratez; 08/08/23 09:57 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard