Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Doomlord
I find it curious, that their pushing
Homosexuality
so much or at least it appears to me. The only one hitting on me are guys and the girls are hitting on each other. Then the
Aasimer who is a angel by all accounts
is a lesbian... Ha Im all about you do you ill do me, but their pushing it really hard here. IMO kind of makes the game Icky. Perverse, immoral? are these words we can still use in todays society?

Yes, Yes, I know you can kill children in this game. Not a fan of that either.
Careful with that wording, not sure if people appreciate that, but.. a lot of minorities, to the point where they start feeling like the majority, I get that people want representation, but now other people don't have any representation in turn.
I think that's a neutral enough way to put it?

Last edited by GloriousZote; 09/08/23 06:03 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
Homosexuality
so much or at least it appears to me. The only one hitting on me are guys and the girls are hitting on each other. Then the
is a lesbian... Ha Im all about you do you ill do me, but their pushing it really hard here. IMO kind of makes the game Icky. Perverse, immoral? are these words we can still use in todays society?

So you think, homosexuals are perverts and immoral? Did I understand that correctly?

I'll let my statement stand and you can decide how you interpret it. You do you I'll do me.

Last edited by Doomlord; 09/08/23 04:17 PM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
old hand
old hand
Therese so many RPGs that began initially implementing straight sex scenes, but ofc not everyone is straight, and what most of the majority don't realize is that gay / lesbian people feel the same way when they have to watch straight sex scenes as straight people feel when watching gay sex.

Now as long as its optional and you get to romance who you want, what exactly is the issue? If you don't want to see any suchj scenes then don't romance the companions, and turn the adult content option off.

Bioware when they exposed how corrupted they had gotten when making dragon age 2 as a quick cash grab, literally they just added sex sex and lots of sex just to try and get sales for an otherwise completely rushed and bad game. Their interviews and PR videos for that game sheesh .... 'We've made all kinds of girls from the village virgin next door to the in your face lets have sex now kind of girls .... cos when u push a button something awesome hasta happen'.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 09/08/23 06:12 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Therese so many RPGs that began initially implementing straight sex scenes, but ofc not everyone is straight, and what most of the majority don't realize is that gay / lesbian people feel the same way when they have to watch straight sex scenes as straight people feel when watching gay sex.

Now as long as its optional and you get to romance who you want, what exactly is the issue? If you don't want to see any suchj scenes then don't romance the companions, and turn the adult content option off.

I cant even believe were having this conversation personally lol, ITS a video game. Go on a date leave the house mate. FFS

Yea, I must be WAY old school, I started gaming in the era of PONG, Atari and just about everything from there, and this is the first game, for me personally that even suggested this kind of behavior, Or at this magnitude. I have turned off the the relationship stuff from here. Didnt really think about it at first, just wanted to get to ACT 2 not second base with a dude lol

Last edited by Doomlord; 09/08/23 06:17 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
enthusiast
enthusiast

Because it breaks immersion that everyone around you is a sex addict, and that the person who seems hesitant to leave the goddamn alien ship with you just because you have a certain race with you, will bed you even if you are said race, yourself.
I believe some past commenters have mentioned they found it creepy with how insistent for snu-snu the companions are?

I cant even believe were having this conversation personally lol, ITS a video game. Go on a date leave the house mate. FFS
I mean, you're complaining, too, I'm not here to pick sides, if you're so insistent leaving the house will fix the issue, why don't you leave the house, yourself?

Last edited by GloriousZote; 09/08/23 06:15 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GloriousZote

Because it breaks immersion that everyone around you is a sex addict, and that the person who seems hesitant to leave the goddamn alien ship with you just because you have a certain race with you, will bed you even if you are said race, yourself.
I believe some past commenters have mentioned they found it creepy with how insistent for snu-snu the companions are?

So in the real world no one has sex before marriage right? Everyone waits for their arranged Christian marriage, and mate for life with one person, and never cheat, never divorce and only have plain minimal missionary sex and only when trying to make a baby.

Shadowheart still being romanceable if you're playing as a gith, and / or a cleric of Selune is the main oversight, but how many people raised this issue during EA?

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 09/08/23 06:17 AM.
addict
addict

So in the real world no one has sex before marriage right? Everyone waits for their arranged Christian marriage, and mate for life with one person, and never cheat, never divorce and only have plain minimal missionary sex and only when trying to make a baby.

Shadowheart still being romanceable if you're playing as a gith, and / or a cleric of Selune is the main oversight, but how many people raised this issue during EA?

I believe marriage pre dated Christianity my friend.

"What is the origin of the concept of marriage?
It is widely agreed that the origin of marriage dates well before recorded history, but the earliest recorded evidence of marriage ceremonies uniting one woman and one man dates from about 2350 B.C. in the Far East."

enthusiast
enthusiast

I'm not saying nobody IRL is like that, but I'm also saying not everybody IRL is like that, I'd be perfectly fine if only some of the party members were more okay with sex so quickly, I can see Lae'zel and Astarion both being fine with less.. romantic sex, but they're not alone in this, what I'm seeing here is people saying that everyone's super horny.
As for who complained about Shadhowheart, not sure, on that part, I know I did, but I'm just one guy.

addict
addict
I guess in the end, I like the philosophy "He who is WITH out sin cast the first stone" Ill do me you do you, I wont tell you what to do, and you dont tell me how I can feel about it. Now I wish I spent more time in debate rather than football lol

Cheers

veteran
veteran
Homosexuality

So you think, homosexuals are perverts and immoral? Did I understand that correctly?

I'll let my statement stand and you can decide how you read it. You do you I'll do me.
Well in this case, this is hatespeech and I think a mod should get involved. This isn't the Steam forum.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Homosexuality

I'll let my statement stand and you can decide how you read it. You do you I'll do me.
Well in this case, this is hatespeech and I think a mod should get involved. This isn't the Steam forum.
There's a report option, if you believe it should be removed, use that, please don't continue this, it will only de-rail the discussion.

veteran
veteran
There's a report option, if you believe it should be removed, use that, please don't continue this, it will only de-rail the discussion.[/quote]
I said my part and I reported him, but I won't keep quiet about things like that - as part of the 'minority'.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
There's a report option, if you believe it should be removed, use that, please don't continue this, it will only de-rail the discussion.
I said my part and I reported him, but I won't keep quiet about things like that - as part of the 'minority'.[/quote]

I believe suppressed speech is a evil. And it only serves to in slave peoples, and whole societies. I dont believe I said one things that was out of line. I commented on how the game makes me feel. Are you suggesting Im not allowed to have feelings? or opinions? Report away. I'm that circle that just doesn't fit in this square society anymore. I'm ok with that.

Last edited by Doomlord; 09/08/23 07:12 AM.

D
stranger
stranger
D
However, from what I am reading here and on other forums, this game is just too sexual predator and homosexual culture focused to be enjoyable for many folks—myself included.

Everyone and their dog is gay in this game. It's actually just statistically anomalous. Everything and everyone wants to bang everything and everyone. A mindflayer tries to have gay sex with you in this game. I'm not making that up.

I'm just hoping that Minsc and his hampster don't throw their hats in the "wanna @#$!%?" ring.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I think it's great that there is nudity and sex, I really hope that there are good sex scenes and the least that you can see is an erect penis. the only thing i hope is that you are not forced to play gay or straight in any way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
I think it's great that there is nudity and sex, I really hope that there are good sex scenes and the least that you can see is an erect penis. the only thing i hope is that you are not forced to play gay or straight in any way.
You are unless you want to be a dick, apparently.

7d7 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I agree with the fact romance is not gated / subtle enough.

I understand the need for player sexual centric NPC to cater for every whimsical fantasy combination possible, even if preset tastes would actually provide better immersion (e.g. preventing shadow heart hitting on a gith, karlash on a gnome, mintara on an old half orc)

I understand also the game demographic will include a large portion of late teenagers / young adult who, statistically, are sexually frustrated.

Still, it might be useful to remind that making a positive comment on someone and wanting to shag are two entirely different things even in 2023. In the real world people do enjoy having friends, male or female, without needing to go further especially when they are already with someone else.

In short we should be able to gate these via a dialog option at the very least.

Adult games are great, games for adults are better

Last edited by 7d7; 09/08/23 08:20 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by dbloom
Everyone and their dog is gay in this game. It's actually just statistically anomalous.
Not gonna lie, it kinda felt like that when I rescued the deep gnomes.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, a reminder to everyone, and particularly Doomlord, that these forums are intended to be a safe, friendly space for everyone interested in Larian's games, regardless of sexuality. By all means discuss representation of sexuality in the game, but if you must do so then please keep in mind that this is something that affects many of our real lives and do so civilly and with sensitivity.

We will not, though, tolerate insults or offensive statements about people based on their sexuality. Nothing further along those lines in this thread, or indeed elsewhere on the forums, please.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
My take on all of this, we have options on how Larian WANTS us to play, however weird they are for a COMPUTER GAME (that weird party UI, inventory system, certain mechanics etc...) but not many alternative options. Especially when you compare to other crpg games like Pathfinder, Solasta, PoE...
If people feel that romance/sex is overly in your face, there should be an option to tone it down to concentrate more on the storyline and gameplay.
I think that people who say that all these romantic/sexual options are OPTIONAL, are half lying to themselves. IT IS really in your face obvious that these are pushed to the players.

I haven't played BG3 enough to confirm this but...can there be romance WITHOUT sexual scenes?

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 09/08/23 10:38 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard