Print Thread
D
Desh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Good Afternoon,

I bought, downloaded, and installed BG3 through GoG. Booted it up and at some point, decided to look into doing multiplayer. However, I see 0 lobbies presented. GoG support has officially posted in their forums, claiming that cross-play between Steam and GoG BG3 works. I've even created a Larian account and linked it to my GoG in case that was the issue (which didn't) and even turned off my VPN in case it was a potential IP address issue that is being blocked (this idea came from the fact that Larian Forums will block accounts that have IP addresses associated with VPNs.

I've even created a lobby myself and waited for about 45 minutes before calling it. Does BG3 multiplayer work? If so, is it cross-platform compatible?

Respectfully,
Desh
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, there is. The Galaxy App is just inferior to Steam so it can be quite Buggy sometimes. I own it there and been playing with a Friend. Just make sure u have the App always Running and use Direct Connect Method.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 08/08/23 03:33 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I use steam version and my wife uses GOG version. Just start your session as a direct connect session and give your partner the provided passkey.

Now we just wait and see whether or not they add some way to actually COMMUNICATE in to multiplayer.

Here's an idea: Hit enter, a chat box pops up. User types. Hits enter again, the text pops up over his avatar's head. Seems easy enough. Maybe put it in the combat log too so the user can see what he may have missed. I dunno. Countless other games have done this right in the past, I don't know why Larian doesn't draw from the experience of other developers to not make obvious mistakes.

They skipped re-inventing the wheel all together and just said "Hey, F*** wheels."

Last edited by dbloom; 08/08/23 04:36 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I was today years old

veteran
veteran
Wait, were you intending to just jump into a random person's game without talking to them? You are going to ruin their day.

If you are looking for a multiplayer session head to the Larian Discord and talk to the people LFG in bg3-LFG.

https://discord.gg/larianstudios

Blackheifer
G
stranger
stranger
G
This is just pretty much a copy/paste of what I posted in the gog forums

Only once have I seen lobbies show up.

I should add this was once I enabled UPNP on my router, but after a refresh all the lobbies were gone again.
So it looks like UPNP does not affect the whether you get lobbies or not.

This looks the issue is one of server side load or misconfiguration.

If you check under you install folder you can see a network log.

Baldurs Gate 3\bin

In there I can a whole load of IO failures getting the lobby list
"IO Failure while trying to get Galaxy lobby list"

Also I've seen people say to turn secure mode upnp off, that would be ridiculous if that what was stopping it working.

secure mode just stop random devices on your network nat punching connection to other devices.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I think it's pretty sad and disgusting that there is no multiplayer chat box, Jagged Alliance 3 did the same thing. I feel like companies are trying to kill chat text by lazyness because they think everyone is voicing in 2023 lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by garou179
This is just pretty much a copy/paste of what I posted in the gog forums

Only once have I seen lobbies show up.

I should add this was once I enabled UPNP on my router, but after a refresh all the lobbies were gone again.
So it looks like UPNP does not affect the whether you get lobbies or not.

This looks the issue is one of server side load or misconfiguration.

If you check under you install folder you can see a network log.

Baldurs Gate 3\bin

In there I can a whole load of IO failures getting the lobby list
"IO Failure while trying to get Galaxy lobby list"

Also I've seen people say to turn secure mode upnp off, that would be ridiculous if that what was stopping it working.

secure mode just stop random devices on your network nat punching connection to other devices.

It is Server Sided, it's the same issue as when u try to check for Updates on GoG Galaxy and gets stuck forever. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All issues are on GOG Side, wether it's the App or Servers having Issues.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 10/08/23 01:00 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard