Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I had to tell that gobbo with the chase, that I don't want to participate. After that the owlbear ran across the courtyard and I approached it with Speak with Animals and told him to go to my camp. It made clear, that I had to kill the goblins in the courtyard first, so I did that. Be careful with AoE spells, since you can kill the cub with it.
I think, there is a possibility to buy the owlbear from the goblin with the chasing game, but I haven't had that option.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Ok thanks

F
stranger
stranger
F
I think I've figured out the reason the Owlbear Cub sometimes doesn't show up at the Goblin Camp. If you fight the mother, you have to make sure she doesn't enrage (she'll scream "What have you done?!"). It's caused by the cub being attacked, which may happen even if you don't directly attack the cub. For example, when the mother leaps around, the AoE would count as an offensive action against the cub (even tho you didn't atk it directly). I was able to get the Owlbear Cub to leave the cave (after 1 long rest) by killing the mother in 1 turn. Cheers!

Last edited by Frostorm; 13/08/23 09:46 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Frostorm
I think I've figured out the reason the Owlbear Cub sometimes doesn't show up at the Goblin Camp. If you fight the mother, you have to make sure she doesn't enrage (she'll scream "What have you done?!"). It's caused by the cub being attacked, which may happen even if you don't directly attack the cub. For example, when the mother leaps around, the AoE would count as an offensive action against the cub (even tho you didn't atk it directly). I was able to get the Owlbear Cub to leave the cave (after 1 long rest) by killing the mother in 1 turn. Cheers!
Did not work. Killed the mom in 1 turn, long rested, several times and the cub did not show up at Goblin Camp and just keeps on munching on her corpse.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Were Edowin's siblings in the fight with you? I killed them before the fight on my playthrough where I successfully got the Owlbear Cub to leave the cave. Whereas Edowin's siblings fought alongside me on the save file where the cub wouldn't leave he cave. So maybe that's the issue then? Other than that I can't think of anything...

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Frostorm
Were Edowin's siblings in the fight with you? I killed them before the fight on my playthrough where I successfully got the Owlbear Cub to leave the cave. Whereas Edowin's siblings fought alongside me on the save file where the cub wouldn't leave he cave. So maybe that's the issue then? Other than that I can't think of anything...
I told them to leave, I went to the cave with a Speak with Animal potion on and I left the cave without killing mamma bear. Cub refuses to spawn at Goblin camp no matter what I do and I am NOT loading a save from before meeting it because it's VERY far back from where I am now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard