Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D3loFF Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
First of all congratulations Larian for the insane success of Baldur's Gate 3.

I know it is not our job as fans to tell development studios what to do, but since there is a suggestions section in the forum I'll take advantage to express opinion.
In the past Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights came one after the other. You already have everything you need from a technical/artistic perspective to make that happen again. Also D&D is on the rise in the recent years and you are already working with Wizards of the Coast anyways.

So why not? Make Icewind Dale and then Neverwinter Nights sequels.

P.S. Don't be afraid that you can possibly become D&D only developer. BioWare developed those games in the past while still retaining their original IP's.

Last edited by D3loFF; 11/08/23 10:25 AM.
stranger
stranger
Larian still has a veeeery LONG way to go to get to the level of good old golden Obsidian standards of writing like in Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of Betrayer, it's the best DLC ever made for an RPG/CRPG game, Witcher 3 is a child's game compared to that. By today plot standards they are already on Godlike level, this is how low the industry has fallen thanks to huge investors just making money.

Although I LOVE BG3 (spend over 120 hours in the game already since launch and editing review about the game right now, accidently stumbled on your post through google while making a break) , it feels like comparing Fallout 1 and 2 to Todd Howard lvl of writing in Fallout 3, that's how big the gap is. Too bad Obsidian died long time ago, greatest studio that ever lived in my opinion (at least plot wise), and the weirdest one too, since they made legendary games ONLY by completing addons/dlcs by using other companies IPs, like Fallout 3 New Vegas, KOTOR 2 (Kreia was beyond awesome, only Gortash comes by a tiny bit close to her in writing department, I'm not even mentioning Joshua Graham from New Vegas DLC, check out the AI version of the character on youtube, he is even preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ in such an atmospheric way. Larian need to make a character similar to HK-47 with the same or similar sense of humor, that would be awesome) and Neverwinter Nights 2 (R.I.P. Bioware, Dragon Age Origins will be missed with Mass Effect 1/2 and Jade Empire).

To be honest I see their plot and character writing skills similar to Drew Karpyshyn in his young days at best, it's still beyond awesome for the modern industry, like I said - for mobile gamers that would be considered GODLIKE.

I hope they will hire those people who wrote the original plot to Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of Betrayer, Fallout New Vegas (if they are alive, I doubt it though) and make a new Neverwinter game.

I'm just happy that Swen Vincke and Larian staff played, cherish and remember those good old games (and I'm more than sure that Swen played Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout 1/2, New Vegas and Gothic 1/2) which made a difference and are recovering the old standard (not even gold ones) of old gaming industry for the horrid abomination of gaming industry we have today, back then such quality of plot/writing/gameplay was a general thing to begin with in 2000-2008.

To be honest I think sooner or later Swen will sell Larian the same way Mike Morhaime and Frank Pearce did with good old Blizzard. It's one thing when Microsoft shows you 10-20 million $ for your studio, and it's an ABSOLUTELY another level of temptation when Bobby Kotick, Phil Spencer or Jim Ryan will start offering him BILLIONS of dollars for Larian studio, for only one sole purpose - to choke plant shoots before they blossom and everyone will start insulting and spitting at EA/Sony/Blizzard/Microsoft for terrible and disgusting games, deeds and business practices they've been making. And believe me, they will cohese in order to achieve the goal, just like the Absolute does in Baldur's Gate 3.

Read the story how EA acquired Bioware from basically buying the company from within. Jehnsen Huang tried to acquire ARM, so that he and his Nvidia would be the only advanced chip maker in the world, his tactics failed and now he will probably start bribing stock owners and managers/top managers of ARM from within to get rid of the only true competitor to completely capture the advanced chip technologies manufacturing market.

Such temptations can only be evaded by true and pure faith in our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ. That's when money, power and influence begin to mean nothing to you when the will of God comes into play.

I was praying to Jesus Christ for the success of Baldur's Gate 3 and Larian studio, supported them however I could by personally selling 10 copies of BG3 to my friends who haven't even heard anything about Larian games (they are WOW hardcore players) and to my subscriber and spreading the word through my Youtube partner channels so that their subscribers would buy the game too and also spread the word, needless to say I've been supporting Larian since they made their first Divinity game. I will continue praying to God for Swen and Larian staff so they would pass these upcoming trials bestowed unto them by their powerful demonic adversaries, so that they would continue to create and realize their creative talents given and administered to them by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You, as a forum participant with Darth Vader on your avatar must understand what I'm writing about. As one wise Sith Lord once said: "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?"

God bless you, God bless anyone reading this post.

In the name of Jesus Christ - Amen.

Last edited by Archibaldus117; 17/08/23 08:28 PM.
addict
addict
Hu.

Just for the record, I hated Mask of the Betrayer with a passion.

If I wanted stress, why I already have a job for that (not right now, fortunately).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
If I wanted stress, why I already have a job for that (not right now, fortunately).

Btw that meant I was on vacation at that time.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard