Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just curious where everyone stands laugh No judging here. No spoilers obviously!

I'm at about 70 hours (after release hours), just past the first town of Act 3, level 9, about 3/4 to 10.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 10/08/23 06:57 PM.
old hand
old hand
171 hours played including 80 in EA, still not finished first act, I explore everything which also meant a couple of restarts so far.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 10/08/23 06:42 PM.
20 hours, just about to leave Act 1. Party is level 5.

Total of 30 hours played over all campaigns.

Last edited by Thebazilly; 10/08/23 06:49 PM.
addict
addict
Bob,
My EA time and new game times are stacking, total game play 300, pretty sure I was at 233 at launch,

I ended the game at the end of act 2 and received the game ending credits. I'm glad I saved before I entered, Loaded the game back up and took another route, and continued the game, into act 3

Currently up stairs at the inauguration on Lord Enver Gortash.

Skipped Ethel... I just wanted to get to act 2. Skipped the underdark Tower, as there is nothing there I need, and I wanted to get to act 2 smile

Currently Lv 8 and some change

Balanced game play

Last edited by Doomlord; 11/08/23 12:20 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
W
veteran
veteran
W
20ish hours in. I mostly finished the overworld of the first map and just began making my way through the underdark. I also found out about the Graceful Cloth, so I went to the monastery, killed the lady who had it, and went back to the first map.

Party is level 5. Just got the fun spells and abilities. Stun locking the spectator with my monk felt soooo good. I love me some stunning strikes.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Act 1, level 3, just got Bill Withers and now just in the cave with fire hurling totems. Bard, Lizzie, Shadders and Wyll with a 'y' not Wyll with an 'i' (see what I did there?). Killed Astarion for pulling a knife on me and left Gale in the hole in the wall.
Ten mods on the go plus reshade, everyone's stats made sane. Camera driving me insane.
According to AMD Adrenalin I've got 9 hours and 74.5 FPS.
I'm struggling to maintain any interest to be honest.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
171 hours played including 80 in EA, still not finished first act, I explore everything which also meant a couple of restarts so far.
???? How??? How many times have you restarted my dude.

I've got 30-40 hours and I've finished the Creche.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
I've restarted just twice.

You probably missed a lot of stuff in Act 1 maybe.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 10/08/23 08:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm probably at 20 hours and still in act 1. I did most of the above stuff and some in the Underdark, but not Grymforge yet.
I'm playing with my first character, the halfling bard/lock. I was adamant to play the first time with her. THe reason, I'm not that far in is, that I was on vacation, when the game came out, so I started a bit later.
So far, I having a blast, my girl is romancing Shadowheart, friendly with everyone, though Astarion is on the verge between neutral and fair and I like most of it so far. I had a few crashs, but it seems, I had to only clear one folder, I forgot to clear, after I deinstalled EA.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I believe I've done everything above ground in Act 1 and am currently saved at the top of the arcane tower about to fight the robots next.

I was thinking grymforge was act 2, but I think thats all I have left to do in Act 1 after the tower ... I hope.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm not sure how many hours I've played of the full release, or indeed what act I'm in! But I finally finished Grymforge and all the EA stuff yesterday night, so today has been my first day with completely new content. I'm just about to head out from the safe haven where I met some old friends into the cursed lands, but I and my party are going to have a long rest first grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
I just got off the Nautilus. I felt a bit rushed at the end of that area. The experience reminds me of Neverwinter Nights II to a degree, where at character creation and when starting out you are given an overwhelming set of options, but you really have no idea how important any of them will be. In NWN II, by the end of the game you realize only two or three things were really important. I am starting to second-guess my char creation choices already. Was phallus option "D" the right pick? We'll have to wait and see ...

old hand
old hand
Finished the game yesterday. I'm now at 487 hours played, which is sort of a lot, except it's over about three years! (~427 were EA hours)

Still got two more runs to go.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Argyle
I just got off the Nautilus. I felt a bit rushed at the end of that area. The experience reminds me of Neverwinter Nights II to a degree, where at character creation and when starting out you are given an overwhelming set of options, but you really have no idea how important any of them will be. In NWN II, by the end of the game you realize only two or three things were really important. I am starting to second-guess my char creation choices already. Was phallus option "D" the right pick? We'll have to wait and see ...
Sorry if you picked Phallus D, you’re railroaded into the worst ending possible. Only way to defeat the Absolute is to go full Ouroboros and chew your dick off. It’s an Acrobatics check so you might want to respec.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
Welp I just sailed off on the underdark boat ... and I'm still in act 1 :x

I found a spectator and secret mushroom field before that.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 11/08/23 01:19 AM.
veteran
veteran
Just finished the party and finally reached level 5! Ready for fireball!

old hand
old hand
So far 26 hours on my main, still on act 1, I'm really slow lol. Characters hit 4 yesterday, time says a half hour ago.

6 hours testing two characters out.

An 9 hours on co-op

If going by steam: 340 hours total.

It'll tell you play time if you go to save/load.

@Icelyn congrats

Last edited by fallenj; 11/08/23 05:17 AM.
old hand
old hand
So it looks like I've finally done everything is act 1, baring the grymforge not appearing to be in the duergar camp, but I'll google check that before taking the lift.

Playtime 176 hours, and I think my EA time was 87 hours so almost 90 hours spent exploring act 1 over 3 characters, I'd better make a few backup save before delving into act 2.

And crap, it looks like I messed up the grymforge area with everyone dying / leaving because I left the area, time to hunt down my grymforge autosave welp.

Luckilly I have a manual save 2 hours before my grymforge autosave, so will go back to that as I need to clear my inventory first.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 11/08/23 12:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm at just shy of 60 hours and at level 8. I've cometed the act 2 boss and just need to tie up the last few story threads and conversations.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
50 hours at level 9 while I’m working on the area immediately following Moonrise Towers at what must be the final part of Act II.

Disappointedly I left Moonrise Towers until last when it looks like I should have explored this area earlier before the big story thing happened. I’ll put those timed quests next to all the gnomes I accidentally let die in Grymforge by leaving the area and coming back later.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard