Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
95 hours so far after the end of Act II, almost evenly split between Acts I and II. I missed (probably) one location in Act I and avoided two miniboss fights. I did everything I could find in Act 2.

A
stranger
stranger
A
40 hours in just at the end of ACT 1, Yeah no way I finish the game before Starfield comes out unless I stream line everything. I usually only play on weekends.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I foolishly thought I might actually complete Moonrise Towers today, but there was still lots more to do. Maybe tomorrow!

My current save game now shows 86 hours, which doesn't include lots of playing around in character creator but probably does include some time when the game was running in the background while I was here on the forums.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
I only just reached moonrise tower too today, and what is wrong with me that I actually wanted to save the goblins but thought it would blow my cover if I did and killing them made astarion happy but then I made him simp to get a potion.

veteran
veteran
I'm still at Grymforge. I have to find the forge itself, if I want to do that and then decide how to move on.

I tampered with a Durge yesterday, so that did cut into my playtime for my main halfling bardlock playthrough. I'm at 36 hours for that playthrough. And I'm very proud of my girl, she does so well.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
57 hours and i am exploring gith greche atm. After I walked to mountain pass I went directly there. So there is mountain pass to explore still.

I have no idea how long I will stay act 1. But this will be looooooooong game for me.
Chars are level 6 half way to 7 I believe.

Last edited by Cirrus550; 16/08/23 10:05 AM.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
veteran
veteran
Still haven't left ACT 1 100 hours later, I'm eternally cursed to remain in it grin

• First playthrough attempt was my Dark Urge Ranger - Wasn't happy with a particular scene so I deleted it after a ton of hours.
  • Second playthrough attempt was a Custom Ranger - Did 100% up to Grymforge, started feeling regret for not playing an Origin character so deleted that one as well after even many more hours.
  • Went back to Dark Urge for my third playthrough attempt and I believe this is the one, really enjoying her story.

And naturally doesn't help that I'm also looting every single item along the way that ain't bolted down laezelapprove

old hand
old hand
Nice to finally know I wasn't the only one still in Act 1 at over 100 hours since release :x

So a lot of players I heard complain that Act 2 / Act 3 get a lot worse and are too short - they are mistaken if you actually do EVERYTHING in Act 2 / 3.

If they went to Gith Creche and then straight onto next part lulz. Similar with ignoring Gith creche - the shadow realm is a lot bigger than the map where the creche is, but if you do both and do everything you can find (yes theres a lot of secret quests that most players won't find without a guide), you will be in Act 2 for another, well maybe not 100 hours cos that was with 3 tries at act 1, but easily another 30-50 hours in Act 2 in a single playthrough doing everything.

There was quite a lot of stuff I absolutely couldn't figure out how to do and needed to look up guides after being completely stuck - most recently the gold armoured toll collector fight (I wanted to fight it not speech skill it).

Trying not to spoiler it completely but if you change Shadowheart's domain you are going to have a very hard time if you lack a certain trickery domain spell, which while you can get on a wizard, I didn't have.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 16/08/23 11:17 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
95 hours and finally, finally reached the outskirts of Baldur's Gate! Wow, there was so much in the shadow-cursed lands. And I've not been looking at any guides, so I'll bet I've missed plenty of stuff too, including the creche that'll have to wait until next run.

(Well, I say I've made it almost to Baldur's Gate, but given that I've been playing for a few hours with hotfix 4 , my saves for the end of act 2 are now unloadable eek Hopefully that'll be fixed by tomorrow, otherwise I'm storming Moonrise Towers again.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
L
90/11/Act 3. But that's hours on this playthrough according to the Save, actually sitting at about 140 total hours since the full version launch, though the extra time does include about 20 hours on a first run through Act 2 before I decided to redo it.

Really enjoying my Drow Bard, and thinking of doing a Dark Urge Tiefling Vengeance Paladin next....

veteran
veteran
Level 6 act 1, just cut the head of a drow (he had it coming) and about to tell a gnome I "accidentally" murdered her family

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I just got to Act 3, 100 hours cause I played another game with friends.
I'm not sure i'll finish the game, i'm not really invested in the story, I find the game way too easy (even on tactician), and now my fps in Baldurs Gate is really dropping so it's kind of a pain in the ass to play.

S
stranger
stranger
S
party level 6, act 1, arcane tower at the underdark. this is the last place i think i have left to explore in the underdark. going to head up to the surface and finish up some stuff before proceeding to the mountain path.

steam clock say 55 hours, but my ingame time is at like 45

I've put in hundreds of hours and finished Act 1 for both paths, but I'm waiting for custom parties before moving on to Act 2. It's never quite as good as the first time you experience it, so I want a party I am most happy with before moving on.

veteran
veteran
Working on curing the shadow curse and finally got Halsin in my party!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate He’s level 6, so yay for owlbear form!

Just got
Arabella at camp and love her camp banter with Withers!hahaha

Also love the adorable owlbear cub at camp playing with Scratch!

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
For all my Act 3 friends what a banger that tune was at the end of the House of Hope.

Edit: I’m about 80 hours in and 95% of the way to level 12.

Last edited by Muz333; 18/08/23 09:37 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
77 Hours in and at Rivington.

Act 1 was incredible. I already knew that from the last version of EA, but it was still fun.

I am still seething at how bad Act 2 was. I've made so many posts about this but I can't for the life of me push it out of my head. It's like a tadpole.
Three nice things I will say about Act 2:
1. Excellent aesthetic and ambience.
2. Unique and rewarding fights (with one very annoying exception).
3. Decent follow-up on our decisions in Act 1.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I just reached the Shadowlands - finally in Act 2

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I just got to the balthazaar / nightsong fight, and was surprised to see that Balthazar was a 100% copy of my sorc's build.

Except for me all the mobs were poison immune so I couldnt use my OP cloudkill frown

Icestorms and Fireballs cleared it easy though.

I was like 'how dare u kill me with cloudkill and twinned ray of sickness, THATS MY BUILD !!!' :x

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 18/08/23 08:51 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I was starting to feel a bit burned out so took a couple of days off after reaching the start of act 3. I thought I had a high tolerance for playing video games solidly, but I'll admit that unlike some folk here, I just couldn't blast through a game this size without getting a bit fed-up and jaded, no matter how much I love it. But now my energy and enthusiasm is renewed and I'm at 102 hours and enjoying exploring Rivington and Wyrm's Crossing.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard