This was what I was afraid of, unfortunately. That Tav would not get reactivity in important relevant areas because origins were prioritized.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
My custom character is MY character, so I love her. The origin companions are super overrated, and I can't imagine ever playing as them, they won't be who they are if I play them, they'll simply be a shallow version of their original personality. All imo at least.
I agree.

Personally, I wish the Origins were not part of the game. Those extra resources could have easily gone into making Our custom characters (whom Larian admits by their own statistics are the lion's share of players) Have much greater reactivity from their character creation options. All that stuff with Lae'zel? That could have been *should* have been written for a Gith character.

The Origins system as Larian uses it really is the worst of all worlds. Play an Origin and you lose out on your ability to define your own character, *and* lose a party member you'd otherwise be able to interact with. Play a non-origin (custom) character and find immersion breaking lack-of-reactivity to your character creation choices because guess what? The 'elf' storyline writing was reserved for the elf Origin (you get the picture), and to boot, you'll always feel a little like a side-character to the main characters who are the Origins, because they all have intricate plots woven into the main story, while you get 'default scenes'.

At the very least on their next game they should move to an Origin system more akin to Dragon Age (Or the Dark Urge). A 'Gith Origin' in such a hypothetical would give you the ability to determine your character's gender, appearance, name, class etc while retaining a 'Gith' storyline and reactivity.