Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
stranger
stranger
Maybe it's time to abandon UBB.

...I looked at their website. It looks like it's still from 1997, and judging by here it still runs like it's 1997. shadowheartgiggle

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
B
old hand
old hand
B
It's been hit and miss all day, every day for a week or more now.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by illutian
Maybe it's time to abandon UBB.

...I looked at their website. It looks like it's still from 1997, and judging by here it still runs like it's 1997. shadowheartgiggle
You think it's bad now. Wait until the millenium bug hits.

old hand
old hand
So many Forum Baldurs Gateway 502 Time Outs today...

veteran
veteran
Who is in charge of these forums at Larian? Is it the forum administrator?

addict
addict
Forums are shit today. Multiple errors and slow af loading.

Please for the love of God fix it. This game is super popular and your forums are dying under the load.

veteran
veteran
I wouldn't hold my breath because this has been going on since Divinity Original Sin 2, so for more than 3 years now. Maybe even longer since I wasn't here prior to DOS2.

The forum even broke completely with BG3 launch, showing people the error that account has been suspended.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Performance is unremittingly poor all day, every day. I've only been a member since July and I'm sure that while performance wasn't great for the first week or two it wasn't constant gateway timeouts.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yeah, I've literally been question HOW anything can be so slow. Literally. How can something be both clearly connected and so slow? Is it an AOL server?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
But yeah there seems to be essentially no mods or admins and it's a 0 priority kinda thing. Which I almost understand. A forum? How oldschool lol

veteran
veteran
What is the problem? Seriously, why does this gateway timeout stuff keep happening? This is the only place on the internet I come and get these issues. Larian is too big of a company for this. There has to be someone qualified who can get whatever this issue is under control.

Someone, somewhere is dropping the ball. Even on launch, these forums barely worked. I don't understand how Larian can be okay with that.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
I have to agree, for the last two days 90% of the time when I try to get on I get a Gateway timeout.

veteran
veteran
How's that community support award doing?

laugh

veteran
veteran
Ah, finally managed to log in after 48 hours.

Now to read some inter... [GATEWAY ERROR 504 - Larian Forums Took Too Long To Respond]

old hand
old hand
I had noticed earlier that the 504 is occurring less when you're not logged in, so last time it happened I connected via another browser, with which I had not logged in yet. And there I got the forum list immediately.
So probably slowness or overload in the DB, connected to the membership data. Not the web server.

Edit : I redid the test just now, but this time I also got 504's while not logged on. It got repaired just a few minutes earlier than with the autologon browser. So it's not so clearcut after all.

Last edited by ldo58; 18/11/23 04:19 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well, apparently an "update [for these forums] has been in the works since 2017", so ¯\_(?)_/¯.
(Atleast, thats from an ex-employee's feedback on Larian's glassdoor)

old hand
old hand
I assumed that the forums were down because so many people were coming here to report bugs and problems with their Steam Deck. They seem to be working for me pretty well now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Huh, I just assumed that someone unhappy was ddos'ing these forums. Ever since thursday evening I've been getting gateway timeouts.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I like to browse the forums when I have a bit of time to myself but don't have enough time to play the game... but I'm usually not able to get it to load. I try multiple times a day, at different times throughout the day and evening and I get 504 Gateway Timeout probably 9 times out of 10, even when just loading the main forums page. And if I do manage to get there, going anywhere from the main page is often hit or miss as well.

EDIT: The original comment posted okay but when editing to correct phrasing in that post, I once again got the 504 Gateway Timeout when trying to save the edit. And when opening the page in a separate tab to see if the edit actually saved, I got the timeout just trying to open the "General" forum link.

Last edited by Cyn123; 19/11/23 04:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
I do the "not logged in" test now regularly when I get a 504 with my autologon browser. Today there was a clear difference, the session with autologon getting 504's and the session without autologon showing the forum.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard