Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
stranger
stranger
I
Regarding Warlock spell slots for creating sorcery points:
"This a known issue and our team is already investigating it, we aim to fix it in an upcoming update."

L
stranger
stranger
L
lvl 5 Paladin/ lvl 3 Warlock - there is no option in reactions tab to use Warlock spell slots with Divine Smite. It used to be there when my Paladin level was lower having only lvl 1 spell slots from Paladin

edit: strangely enough, when I Pick Fiend subclass, then in the same scenario I have an option to use Warlock spell slots in reactions tab, but lost options to trigger lvl II Paladin slots

Last edited by Ludvator; 15/09/23 09:12 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Just want to add to this - as of most recent updates and hotfixes --

Having pact magic spell slots and spellcasting spell slots of equal levels -- you cannot choose which slot you want to use to cast a Spell.

Ex: A Bard 1 / Warlock 1 fresh crashed from the nautiloid -- if I try to cast, say, Sleep learned from my Bard spell list, the game will not give me the option to cast it with a pact magic slot and forces me to use bard slots first.

I can only assume this will continue to prove itself true even as I gained more levels. Intended build for the character in question is Warlock 2 / Bard 10 - but with the current bug, any spell I want to cast at 1st-level will force itself to use my Bard spell slots before using Pact Magic slots.

Going to assume this is because Pact Magic slots are treated as "additional spell slots" without any actual distinction from normal spell slots (the warlock's "highest level only" casting is hardcoded onto the spells rather than the spell slots). So no matter the multiclass -- Sorlock, Bardlock, Wizlock, Cleric/lock, Druid/lock -- if you have any spellcasting slots they will remain bugged, for the foreseeable future, with your pact magic slots and cause problems.

Kind of saddening, honestly.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I can confirm multiclass warlock spell slot bug as well. The bug only persists when you have warlock spells slots and regular spells slots of the same level. Currently, when you have warlock spell slot and regular spells slot of the same level, the game forces you to use all of your regular spell slots first when casting spells outside of the warlock spell book and forces you to use all of your warlock spell slots first before regular slots when casting warlock spells ( the second condition is usually less of an issue because people want to use the warlock spell slots first because they return on short rest).

For Example : If I was a paladin 2 / warlock 1 (Regular Spell slots: Lvl 1 - 2, Warlock spell slots: Lvl 1 - 1 )- I am unable to use warlock spell slots to cast Paladin spells until I have used all of my regular level 1 spell slots. On the contrary, if I tried to cast a spell from the warlock spell book, I am forced to use my warlock spell slot first, then I can cast it using my regular spell slots.

Example when bug is not prevalent: If I was Paladin 5 / Warlock 5 ( Regular Spell slots: Lvl 1 - 4, Lvl 2 - 2, Warlock spell slots - Lvl 3 - 2) - The bug is not prevalent here as there is no conflict on which type of spell to be used for each Level. I have only regular spell slots available at levels 1 and 2 and only warlock spell slots available at level 3.

If I had to guess there is probably some conflict in the game coding, because the spell wants to prioritize using spell slots from the spell book it is in before any other spell slots. I'm guessing having two types of spell slots that function differently casting the same spells causes some difficult coding issues to implement.

Last edited by Boomdawg; 03/10/23 06:28 AM. Reason: clarity
R
stranger
stranger
R
I think it’s a bit different than this, spells may prioritize Warlock spell slots if they are only available from the Warlock class, but in my experience spells that are available from multiple sources (e.g Counterspell and Armor of Agathys) will be completely uncastable with Warlock slots until you have used all non-Warlock slots of sufficient level even if you have only learned those spells through the Warlock class.

In my specific example, playing a Warlock 5/Wizard 7 multi class, learning Counterspell at Warlock level 5 and not at any point while leveling Wizard, I am not able to use a Warlock slot when casting Counterspell as a reaction even though the UI displays the option to respond using a Warlock spell slot. I am also not able to cast Armor of Agathys using a Warlock spell slot as long as I have any non-Warlock spell slots available. Even clicking the Warlock slots in the UI, then clicking AoA, I am then presented with the option to choose which level I’d like to cast AoA at showing only my non-Warlock slots.

This is as GOO Warlock, as some things I’ve seen suggest this is somehow less of an issue for Fiend?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard