Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I've been trying SO MANY things. Many long rests before arriving at Goblin Camp. Checking the cave a few times. Many long rests after Goblin Camp and that vision of 3 figures. Nothing. Absolutely nothing happens. Owlbear Mama is still alive (and I talked to her before that), cub NEVER shows up at the camp and I am slowly losing my mind over it. Any help? What triggers this?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SoulfulAzrael
Owlbear Mama is still alive

That's pretty much why, she has to be the opposite of alive. She is a mother afterall and wouldn't leave her cub unprotected for the gobos to capture it.

OP Offline
But apparently it happens no matter what, even if mother is alive. Also I tried killing her after that and it still did not work even after MANY rests. It refuses to spawn there.

apprentice
apprentice
I killed the mother and the owlbear cub spawned at the goblin camp, but after I did the event that should have allowed it to end up in my camp, it never spawned there either (despite my talking to it and telling it to go there, just like I did with Scratch).

Ah well, I never figured out what else I could do, so I had to drop it.

Last edited by Ceci; 10/08/23 08:58 PM. Reason: typo
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ceci
I killed the mother and the owlbear cub spawned at the goblin camp, but after I did the event that should have allowed it to end up in my camp, it never spawned there either (despite my talking to it and telling it to go there, just like I did with Scratch).

Ah well, I never figured out what else I could do, so I had to drop it.
Question. Did you kill those Goblins who captured that Halfling Druid in that hidden door to prison of Grove before this happened? Cub being at the camp I mean.

Last edited by SoulfulAzrael; 10/08/23 09:07 PM.
veteran
veteran
I talked to the owlbear motehr and left her alive, the cub still spawned at my camp.
It hasn't yet shown up at my camp, but the last time in EA, it took it's sweet time too. This time, I had the tiefling party the first night and then the scene with Shadowheart and Lae'zel, so I guess, it doesn't turn up at scripted event Long Rests.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fylimar
I talked to the owlbear motehr and left her alive, the cub still spawned at my camp.
It hasn't yet shown up at my camp, but the last time in EA, it took it's sweet time too. This time, I had the tiefling party the first night and then the scene with Shadowheart and Lae'zel, so I guess, it doesn't turn up at scripted event Long Rests.
Spawned at your camp or spawned at Goblin Camp? Because I hear it needs to first spawn at Goblin Camp.

veteran
veteran
Spawned at your camp or spawned at Goblin Camp? Because I hear it needs to first spawn at Goblin Camp.
Both, I let mummy live and the cub spawned in the goblin camp. I talked to it with Speak with Animals and offered it a place in my camp. Then I cleared up the courtyard, making sure to only use AoEs, when it wasn't running through there. You can accidently kill it during the fight.

Doctor Who
OP Offline
Both, I let mummy live and the cub spawned in the goblin camp. I talked to it with Speak with Animals and offered it a place in my camp. Then I cleared up the courtyard, making sure to only use AoEs, when it wasn't running through there. You can accidently kill it during the fight.
Quick note. Apparently someone on Steam got an answer from Larian and apparently it IS a bug that is supposed to be fix with a patch coming soon. If so then maybe I will take a break from the game for a moment until it drops.

veteran
veteran
Quick note. Apparently someone on Steam got an answer from Larian and apparently it IS a bug that is supposed to be fix with a patch coming soon. If so then maybe I will take a break from the game for a moment until it drops.

What is a bug? That the cub does not appear in the goblin camp sometimes? Would make sense, since it normally appears no matetr what you choose, as long, as it is alive.

Doctor Who
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Can I ask another question about the owlbear cub? Didn't want to create another topic. Sorry

Anyway will it show up at your camp if you already cleared the goblin camp before meeting it? I did that because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the goblins to get it.

OP Offline
What is a bug? That the cub does not appear in the goblin camp sometimes? Would make sense, since it normally appears no matetr what you choose, as long, as it is alive.
Yes. The bug is it not showing up at Goblin Camp. I am frustrated that i got it because now I am afraid of progressing the game. I guess I'll just do Grymforge maybe, get myself an armor and make manual save before that so I can come back to that save once the patch comes out so I can test it if it spawns there and play it all over again. I am determined to have it at my camp.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Veilburner
Can I ask another question about the owlbear cub? Didn't want to create another topic. Sorry

Anyway will it show up at your camp if you already cleared the goblin camp before meeting it? I did that because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the goblins to get it.
Only if you meet it at the goblin camp and talked to it. Otherwise not.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I've bought the owlbear cub from the goblin in 3 x act 1 playthroughs now, I used Wyll with animal speaking for it, and at the end he says 'see you at camp', but it never shows up in my camp frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I've bought the owlbear cub from the goblin in 3 x act 1 playthroughs now, I used Wyll with animal speaking for it, and at the end he says 'see you at camp', but it never shows up in my camp frown
It showed up for me after three or four longrests- and in a dungeon camp ( Gith crèche) of all things.

Doctor Who
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V

Oh Ok thanks so it will still go to the goblin camp even though I already cleared it?

Will check later. Won't be able to play for a few days.

veteran
veteran

Oh Ok thanks so it will still go to the goblin camp even though I already cleared it?

I don't think so. The point is, that the goblins killed it's mother and captured it. I don't really know, what happens, if you never engage with it before, then kill the gobbos. If you haven't seen it in the goblin camp before killing them and engaged with it, I'm not sure, if it will play a role in teh game tbh.

Last edited by fylimar; 12/08/23 09:38 AM.

Doctor Who
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi
I killed all in the Goblin Camp and later went into the Owlbear Cave. I let the owlbear mother alive and when I came back later, she was killed by goblins.
But when I go to the goblin camp, there is no owlbear cub, just dead goblins.
Where could the goblins have taken the cub?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tanabata
Hi
I killed all in the Goblin Camp and later went into the Owlbear Cave. I let the owlbear mother alive and when I came back later, she was killed by goblins.
But when I go to the goblin camp, there is no owlbear cub, just dead goblins.
Where could the goblins have taken the cub?

I mean, with luck, the cub might show up in you camp anyway, who knows. Otherwise I guess, the cub is gone from your game

Doctor Who
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V

I don't think so. The point is, that the goblins killed it's mother and captured it. I don't really know, what happens, if you never engage with it before, then kill the gobbos. If you haven't seen it in the goblin camp before killing them and engaged with it, I'm not sure, if it will play a role in teh game tbh.

Ok thanks

I guess I'll do that in a different game. If I read/heard correctly you can talk your way into having them let it go? I just remember that stupid chase or whatever it was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard