Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
If you are curious and wanna feel SHAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE about what class and race you picked...

You can find out here: https://www.ign.com/articles/baldur...pular-player-character-classes-and-races

Tis made me delete my Paladin...

feel the forc-Shame I mean! FEEL IT! It's real! hahaha

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Tiefling Supremacy.

I wanted to make a Gith, but I couldn’t get over how ugly they were. Like playing Voldemort. Also elemental resistance is more useful than psionics. Passives don’t cost my sorcerer a whole ass action in combat.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
W
veteran
veteran
W
I’m fine being basic with my half-elf sorcerer.

OP Offline
poor cleric and Ghit! Totally gonna make one of each....when I get the chance lol

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Eh fuck it Durge will probably be a Gith Monk multiclassed with Druid or Cleric… in a month or so.

Maybe a dip just up to Circle of Spores.

old hand
old hand
One big issue with the short races is having less movement range in combat, to me it makes them very unappealing to play.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SerraShaar
poor cleric and Ghit! Totally gonna make one of each....when I get the chance lol

Make a gith cleric of selune and still romance shadowheart, then maybe dump her cos she worships shar.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by SerraShaar

Make a gith cleric of selune and still romance shadowheart, then maybe dump her cos she worships shar.

Urgh...I can't. I have a disorder that stop me: A bleeding heart! Lol

Beside a Ghit that worship faerun Gods? That be weird.

old hand
old hand
The thing is shadowheart hates giths and selune, except she ignores both on the player character.

And also as you said, you make a gith cleric and get to pick faerun gods.

So many oversights to the lore lol.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 12/08/23 02:11 AM.
OP Offline
The thing is shadowheart hates giths and selune, except she ignores both on the player character.

And also as you said, you make a gith cleric and get to pick faerun gods.

So many oversights to the lore lol.

Pffff....that's a shame. It would've added some spice to her romance...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Tiefling Supremacy.

I wanted to make a Gith, but I couldn’t get over how ugly they were. Like playing Voldemort. Also elemental resistance is more useful than psionics. Passives don’t cost my sorcerer a whole ass action in combat.

They can look good, if you try hard enough.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

OP Offline
Yeah, personally I don't think the Ghit look Ugly. The one I made and posted in another thread turned out Hot like hell =)

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by GloriousZote
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Tiefling Supremacy.

They can look good, if you try hard enough.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]
You mean to tell me you don’t look at that nose and think
Harry Potter… the boy who lived… come to die.

old hand
old hand
rofl, i do feel like the average player playing bard for sure and not shocked my freckled blonde halfling is the least played : /

sad but true probably spent 20-30 minutes playing with the freckle sliders, so the 1 hour average creating characters makes sense at least for me.

edit* almost forgot my co-op character was a male gith druid, made him as a quick rando. pretty fun stuff

Last edited by fallenj; 12/08/23 03:36 AM.
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
I knew that cleric would be one of the least preferable class, that's why I chose him and he's actually very interesting for roleplay

veteran
veteran
One big issue with the short races is having less movement range in combat, to me it makes them very unappealing to play.
Which you can negate with Crushers Ring, Boots of Speed and other items.

I'm proud of my halfling bardlock.
Might play a Gith in the future too, I don't find them ugly at all.

I'm actually surprised of the race ranking, it feels like everyone and their aunt play drows this day.

Last edited by fylimar; 12/08/23 07:24 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I can see with sorcerers and warlocks being so popular why people would pick half elf, but from what I say you don't need loads of cantrips, high elf cantrip slot is better for using on other classes like Shadowheart does.

Astarion though sheesh, I wish I could swap his fire bolt so he could have all 3 of bladeward, minor illusion and truestrike.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 12/08/23 08:41 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
Which you can negate with Crushers Ring, Boots of Speed and other items.

I'm proud of my halfling bardlock.
Might play a Gith in the future too, I don't find them ugly at all.

I'm actually surprised of the race ranking, it feels like everyone and their aunt play drows this day.
Okay but if I wear those on a tall character here I am being faster than your character again.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Outside the dragonborn anomaly, the most human like races are most popular. Not shocking at all.

Still, I'm always pro dwarf, so glad they are top for the shorties.

For those thinking this means no content should be for those races... 93% of players chose custom characters so logically speaking laruan 'wasted' their time in origin characters. Lol

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I actually have a rough character concept for every subclass and (almost) every subrace all laid out on my spreadsheet (I know, I'm sad!), and I don't rule out eventually completing the 46 playthroughs it would require. After all, I'm still playing BG1 & BG2 after more than two decades, so why not BG3 as well grin I'll definitely complete at least one playthrough for each race, including the short ones.

But my first playthrough is a Tiefling Rogue/Sorceror multiclass, so I'm probably erring towards the side of predictability so far. But I'm okay with that!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard