Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Leucrotta
This was what I was afraid of, unfortunately. That Tav would not get reactivity in important relevant areas because origins were prioritized.
Ditto.

But I'm going to hold off on commenting further until more people here have had the chance to finish the game and when we can have a really honest and in-depth discussion of all these weaknesses of the game.

Not quite done yet, getting very close, the 3 'main' villains are taken down and I'm just cleaning up the last few quests before the final main quests, but I can say that my character mostly felt like the main character of the story. When I walk up to people that I've saved (as long as Tav is initiating the conversations obviously), they talk to ME, they mention what I did, etc. The companion questlines are obviously different, you can pipe up if you want, and characters will talk to you and your relationship with the companion will have a strong effect on the outcomes of their story as well. There are also moments when companions will get recognized by npcs obviously, but that is to be expected.

Originally Posted by Starshine
93% of players aren't on the forum soaking in the culture of negativity and extremes too, in other corners of the internet, the game, PC character choices and story are being received far better than here. I'm in six gaming forums and a couple general geekiness online communities, this forum is the only one where people aren't excited and gushing about the game.
The % is total players with analytics on, not forum users, different demo different standards

I disagree, I think this forum is probably the most balanced place for discussions. "culture of negativity" is such a reductive way to phrase a group of people with different expectations and desires. Seeing a number of people voice their concerns isn't automatically toxic, or just debbie downers.