Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I thought it would tone down the further I got, but it has only gotten more ridiculous. I don't even want to interact with companions anymore, I feel like this is bordering on sexual assault of my character now.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 24/08/23 01:51 PM. Reason: Renamed to something more generic to reflect the way the thread has developed
veteran
veteran
I straight up ignored the horniness at the goblin after-party, and turned down the lads, and haven't had a single mention so far. I assume that's the trigger?

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I straight up ignored the horniness at the goblin after-party, and turned down the lads, and haven't had a single mention so far. I assume that's the trigger?
No, I'm much further than this.
Interacting with companions has become a chore.

veteran
veteran
I mean, did you completely reject their advances in Act 1? If you did, I think that stops all romance dialogue options.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I mean, did you completely reject their advances in Act 1? If you did, I think that stops all romance dialogue options.
Yes, but they still continue to make comments. I'm also getting tired of having to reject advances from every single new companion. It feels like I'm playing a harem simulator.
I'm fine with one or two characters like this, but it's as if every single person in faerûn is sexually frustrated.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I'd have honestly also liked an option for Gale in particular to not hit on me. You have to reject some people firmly as early as possible or they get persistent. Too persistent. And make their disappointment your problem.

journeyman
journeyman
Agreed, why everybody so in love with me lmao, I'm not even trying. I broke a heart of every member in my squad by the end of the act one. They should've made player character initiate that kind of relationship, to not make it so weird. I personally don't really like that kind of stuff in the video games anyway

Last edited by Seventrussel; 07/08/23 10:20 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
The sexual content in this game is totally disturbing and over the top. I'm a straight guy and I don't want to play a video game where all the other male characters are trying to **** me.

There absolutely should be a 'no horny' option. The developers of this game have normalized unbridled sexual lust to such an extent that they don't understand the perspective of a player who doesn't want everything to be about sex.

Last edited by dbloom; 08/08/23 04:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why is that one person who totally hates gith into you, even if you're a gith?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dbloom
The sexual content in this game is totally disturbing and over the top. I'm a straight guy and I don't want to play a video game where all the other male characters are trying to **** me.

There absolutely should be a 'no horny' option. The developers of this game have normalized unbridled sexual lust to such an extent that they don't understand the perspective of a player who doesn't want everything to be about tits and ass.
Myeah, it's not even a "I hate these people" thing, it's just weird that everyone is into you regardless of your race or sex. Player freedom is nice but in this case i can't help but feel like it comes at the cost of immersion, especially in regards to my aforementioned example.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by rusty_shacklefor
Yes, but they still continue to make comments. I'm also getting tired of having to reject advances from every single new companion. It feels like I'm playing a harem simulator.
I'm fine with one or two characters like this, but it's as if every single person in faerûn is sexually frustrated.
Sounds like you didn't turn them down in Act 1, even tho you said did. I'm far along and have no issues, just one romance. Must be you.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by ShinyBuddha
Originally Posted by rusty_shacklefor
Sounds like you didn't turn them down in Act 1, even tho you said did. I'm far along and have no issues, just one romance. Must be you.
I definitely turned them down, and they keep making comments. And every new companion has to also be turned down.

And apparently I'm not the only one that has noticed this:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...t_complaint_about_the_game_is_how_horny/

veteran
veteran
I can confirm, have a scene with Wyll in act 2 where if you be nice/friendly, it immediately gets intimate and he wants more, and that is with no encouragement in the slightest during act 1.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There was a thread about this a few years ago, during EA, too, people noticed back then that Larian didn't really do an amazing job with the romance stuff, was asked to be toned down back then, already.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Yes, this is sadly too excessive because apparently people think this is what players want because of all the thirsting that was going on and how Mass Effect was received...

stranger
stranger
I've only just started playing the game (this is my first comment in this forum) and the discussion here leaves me disheartened. I'm not a prude (I'm a closet naturist FWIW) and whole heartedly advocate for and support sex positivity. But I'm also a woman and a sexual assault survivor. I play games for enjoyment and to disconnect from RL worries for a while. I already have to deal with unsolicited dick pics, harassment, cat calls, people who don't know how to accept "No" as an answer, the constant unending stream of women's body's being hypersexualised and objectified, etc., etc., etc. I don't need skody digital characters who can't control themselves to slide into my game time too. frown

If I wanted to play a game where I can boink everything in sight, I would play NSFWare or whatever (there's plenty of sex games out there). But I want to play BALDUR'S GATE - I played the first 2 (and Neverwinter Nights and Planescape Torment, etc.) for the D&D and story, not for sex and certainly not for harassment.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
It does sound a bit much for me to have my character being hit on all the time, and I realise that a lot of this discussion refers to later in the game so I'll watch out for this. But having only just managed to get as far as the post-grove party, so far it felt better for me than Early Access.

Despite having recruited all the origin companions and having decent approval with them, the only one who hit on me before the party was Lae'zel. I politely turned her down, and though she couldn't help mentioning at the party that this was a pity for us both, she didn't actually try it on again.

Astarion suggested spending the night together at the party, but I did sort of encourage him so it didn't feel too out of the blue.

Shadowheart suggested sharing a drink, but while we know from EA that if we accept there might then be the possibility of more, it doesn't read as necessarily a come-on to me just from her initial comment, and so after I politely turned her down there I wasn't left feeling I'd been hit on.

For Wyll and Karlach, there were clearly dialogue options that I could have selected that took us more in that direction but I didn't follow those and there was no propositioning. Gale just said not to worry about him and go have fun, so I didn't even have the option to proposition him.

I guess I'll see how things go later.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GloriousZote
Why is that one person who totally hates gith into you, even if you're a gith?

Bonus points if you play a gith Cleric of Selune lol.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Yes its quite jarring that in a game with so much reactivity all companions hit on you no matter what.

Looks like Larian was so afraid of the horny hordes that they made it impossible that you could block yourself from sex scenes romances with your basic choices.

One of the weak points of BG3.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Could it possibly be that being IN an active romance stops the other companions hitting on you? That would mean if you like romance, you start a romance arc in act 1 and don't get bothered by other requests, but if you don't like romance and turn everyone down, they keep hitting on you because you are supposedly single. Could that be the problem? This would explain why people to engage in romance don't see the problem.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard