I see your point but I would like to politely disagree. Pointing out that the game is not perfect and has issues is not the same as a “culture of negativity”. People on this forum all say they love the game, but loving it doesn’t mean that we have to be blind to it’s faults or we shouldn’t talk about it. I am talking about my negative feelings here because I hope that if there is any place Larian may pick up feedbacks from (very unlikely) it will be this place and might consider improving on this approach in their future games.

Originally Posted by Starshine
I haven't played a gith character but from your description it seems to be giving exposition your character would already know?, I assume it is the same even playing origin La'zael as there has to be some way tog et the player that information. RPG's always have the problem of exposition your character wouldn't need but the player desperately does. Should the game just leave players who choose Gith learning nothing about Gith culture and practices if they can't ask Laz or be informed about it?

This is an absolutely valid point and I am certain this is exactly what the writers were thinking when they put these conversation choices in the game. However, I think it is a bit overdone while there isn’t enogh focus on plot related reactions. This plot is very much connected to the githyanki, shouldn’t that make the PC more involved?

Regarding the type of exposition you can have, for example, you can ask Lae’zel about how come that the githyanki breed having eggs. Now that is a little bit similar to be an adult human coming from a highly sexually openminded society and being in their adventurer age (20s maybe?) asking another adult human about where do babies come from. While not impossible, not exactly logical, don’t you agree? I also doubt that Lae’zel can ask this question. Surely there could have been better ways to handle this exposition. Like, put it in a book, or a letter, a note on the wall addressed to all the staff in the creche, etc.

Last edited by Timoleth; 12/08/23 09:12 PM.