Well...not if you are the Dark Urge they are not. And I'm just going to say this right now: playing as the Dark Urge as evil is by far *the* best way to play the game.

There are two important bits you should know, I'll put them in spoiler warnings but they will be very generic descriptions without specifics like which characters are involved, when, etc. They are just generic descriptions of things to look out for because one could leave you in a very dire situation in terms of your ability to continue playing the game while the other, it's just epic stuff that everyone should see before they stop playing this game.

Something to be careful of:
Just be aware that at one point you will be kindly asked to go have a nice and pleasant private chat with a specific non party NPC and you will be forewarned that non-compliance could lead to other...consequences, shall we say. I won't go into details of what could go wrong or how wrong if you don't go have that nice chat so as to avoid spoilers but I will say that is no joke. It is...possible...to avoid said consequences but it will be VERY hard. When that request is made of you, do not hesitate, do not wait, do not procrastinate...you go and immediately follow up on that request.

Something epic you might see:
The Dark Urge is also the only character who is capable of witnessing a fairly major revelation about a character in the game if you make a specific choice during the dark urge story. You can kind of figure it out on your own IF you are well informed about the lore of the Baldur's Gate series but it is an epic scene and an epic speech at the end of which you can ask a question to get full confirmation...by far the best moment of the game imo...and only the Dark Urge can see it. I'll take it one step further and say it's one of the most epic scenes in all of gaming. It's a very very very big moment for the Dark Urge, you should know when all the marbles are on the line, but only one of the two choices gets you the revelation. Let's say this one requires more of a leap into the unknown.

Hopefully those descriptions are generic enough and sufficiently devoid of detail so as not to spoil things but also provide just enough pointers to help you recognize and avoid disaster and help you not miss one of the most epic scenes ever. And hopefully those descriptions also provide some reassurance that custom characters in the Dark Urge origin are very worthwhile.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 12/08/23 11:04 PM.