Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Warlocke
There absolutely will be another Baldur’s Gate game at some point. Even if the story is completely disconnected, the name is now a more potent brand than ever. The Baldur’s Gate 3: The Black Hound that BioWare was making was a completely new story. Still kept the name. Baldur’s Gate 2 doesn’t even take place in the eponymous city. Brand name recognition is important.
I disagree...Baldur's Gate 2 released a VERY long time ago, and the sales numbers it did back then aren't even a tiny fraction of what BG3 sold...brand name recognition didn't play any part of BG3's success...most people who bought and played BG3 have no idea about and never played BG1 or BG2. Dungeons & Dragons likely played a far bigger role than anyone recognizing or caring about the Baldur's Gate franchise specifically. But even then...trying to milk a franchise dry because it's hot is a bad idea...that's how imagination dies and ideas grow stale.

BG2 used to be the biggest thing in D&D, but since Critical Role and etc have come along, it is nothing, D&D is bigger now than it was in the BG2 days

BG4 doesn't need a connection to BG12 beyond, being set on the swords coast, that's it. All the franchise needs.

Also, isn't it clear there is going to be a BG4? BG3 ends with an MCU style post-credits sequel tease with Jergal going all you dead three just wait and see what I'm going to do to you for this

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak