That can be your intrepretation, but they're gods. Their plan was foiled and now the old boy is back to keep an eye on them, they aren't dead. You didn't kill the gods, just foiled one plan. To me it was setting up a future conflict between Jergal and the Three

Originally Posted by Muz333
I would prefer a fresh start moving away from the Baldur’s Gate name and the sword coast for somewhere less explored in the videogames.

I also hope if Larian make another D&D game it’s designed from the ground up for a proper fly spell and a day/night cycle.

Solasta has a great system for flying/depth, sadly its' story/world are so boring and generic it hurts.

There's still plenty on the swords coast video games have never touched, and like the reason BG12/NVW etc were set there is because the moonsea/sea of fallen stars was over used in the 90s and it was the new blank area, but it's been over 20 years maybe it's time to return there? Really I'd love to see Greyhawke or other settings get some love, maybe a great Spelljammer game? (remember the awful spelljammer game? imagine that but great, BG3 has nautiloids so hey half way there?) But on the swords coast, there's Warlocks Crypt, Iriaebor, Elturel, etc all within campaign distance of Baldur's Gate so you could have games there still tied into the franchise?
Arguable Faerun is only the main setting of modern D&D because of the BG games, maybe Larian could do the same trick to another setting? But really that familiarity and brand of faerun do alot of work for them and they might as well use, especially while it's as popular as it currently is?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak