Originally Posted by Starshine
Originally Posted by fylimar
I play a halfling bardlock and have tons of dialogue options for each of those. I was surprised, how much dialogue halflings get mostly about solving stuff peacefully, which suits my little one fine, since Larian mostly makes fun about the small races in interviews and their PfH.

That's great to hear, I was thinking Halfling or Halforc for my good side run. I was just wondering how there are no dwarf/halfling/gnome/small ancrestry companions

Yeah, I find it sad too - RIP Helia.

Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Good news is amnesiac Durge is allegedly Tav+ (according to some subreddit posters) with an intimate connection to BG1+2 as its story.
But the Durge's "tendencies," both in their past history and in the present, are such that I would never even consider playing the Durge. Not even out of some morbid curiosity. So Larian making the Durge to be Tav+ is effectively giving the finger to people like me who will only ever play strictly good-oriented characters.

As I and others pointed out, you have a lot of interactions based on your race and class. I'm not keen on playing evil characters, but I don't think, I miss out by playing Tav instead of Durge or an origin. Durge just has different interactions and - since I was spoilered there - a connection to something specific in the old games, which I think, might even be presented better here, since I never felt like I
was a child of a murder god, who has to fight against their nature
in the old games. So in fact the Durge does do that better imo

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who