Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 93 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 92 93
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Its kind of sad that thats a legit way to atempt a happy ending with Halsin
Unfortunately, not only with him. Feels like, there is no "happily ever after" for all (or almost all) companions. That's why we have threads for Karlack, Astarion, Halsin, Shadowheart and more.
People mostly want to have a possibility to get a happy ending for everything and everyone. And what we have in BG3 seems, on one hand, wrong. I mean, yes, we were connected with our companions mostly because of tadpoles and we needed to get rid of this problem, but still even after what we've been through it would be nice to have something good in the end. (I am still in Act 3 of my first playthrough, need to finish several quests, but I read some spoilers about some companions, so the picture looks kind of gloomy).

Last edited by Noelle666; 23/10/23 10:00 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
That...really sucks

Ive been actively avoiding the other threads due to spoilers, Im on my first playthrough too

Its a bit sad that they made all these wonderful characters we can really feel ourselves becoming friends with, and no one really gets any happy ending option?

I mean i get it but its also kinda, idk

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Its kind of sad that thats a legit way to atempt a happy ending with Halsin
Unfortunately, not only with him. Feels like, there is no "happily ever after" for all (or almost all) companions. That's why we have threads for Karlack, Astarion, Halsin, Shadowheart and more.
People mostly want to have a possibility to get a happy ending for everything and everyone. And what we have in BG3 seems, on one hand, wrong. I mean, yes, we were connected with our companions mostly because of tadpoles and we needed to get rid of this problem, but still even after what we've been through it would be nice to have something good in the end. (I am still in Act 3 of my first playthrough, need to finish several quests, but I read some spoilers about some companions, so the picture looks kind of gloomy).
Well, you get "happy ending" with SH in 3 out of 4 choices.
You don't get happy ending if you let her execute parents as dark justicar. DJ + saved parents = happy ending, Selunite + saved parents = happy ending, Selunite + released parents = happy ending. Also applies to being squid. I think there is an option to stay with her as a squid in 4 of 4 of her endings actually(but thats very selfish imo)
It's matter of preference what ppl think is more right to chose.
The problem with SH is not ending, but other things in game, which were voiced many times before and I don't want to get to it again in Halsin thread(even though the problems are mostly with SH/Halsin ingame interactions).

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Don't worry, there are some happy endings, even if they require some imagination to play out and not everything is perfect for the companions. It's heavily implied they'll recover from the ordeal and thus get a happy ending (when romanced.. non-romance is a bit off the rails for some). Other than this thread of course (spoiler regarding one of the other threads)
the Karlach thread is the only other one made for the sake of 'no actual happy ending'. And while Halsin lets you headcanon a happy ending yourself because all it's missing is a dialogue option, Karlach isn't quite so fortunate right now.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 23/10/23 12:07 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Don't worry, there are some happy endings, even if they require some imagination to play out and not everything is perfect for the companions. It's heavily implied they'll recover from the ordeal and thus get a happy ending (when romanced.. non-romance is a bit off the rails for some). Other than this thread of course (spoiler regarding one of the other threads)
the Karlach thread is the only other one made for the sake of 'no actual happy ending'. And while Halsin lets you headcanon a happy ending yourself because all it's missing is a dialogue option, Karlach isn't quite so fortunate right now.
Funnily enough my friend who romanced Karlach on mulitplayer
liked her ending where they go in hell. He and Karlach get more adventure, while we "boring asses"(me and other friend) go settle down with SH and Laezel. He was only sad that there were no "chat ending" like with other romanced companions.
Unromanced SH ending with
dead parents as selunite
sounds kinda fucked up to me though.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Netav
Funnily enough my friend who romanced Karlach on mulitplayer
liked her ending where they go in hell. He and Karlach get more adventure, while we "boring asses"(me and other friend) go settle down with SH and Laezel. He was only sad that there were no "chat ending" like with other romanced companions.
Unromanced SH ending with
dead parents as selunite
sounds kinda fucked up to me though.
Ye the problem with the
Karlach
one is that similar to Halsin, there's no
choice for a proper happy ending. You're more or less forced into it, she doesn't even really want it (made that clear throughout the game) but it's the only option and you'll just be fighting until you die or somehow kill Zariel. Halsin leaves you regardless of what you choose right now even though you want to stay with him and he implies that he wouldn't mind, yet you don't even get an option to do so. So both lack a 'happy ending' in that sense.

Regarding unromanced SH, there's a worse version..
she's insanely emotionally damaged if not romanced as Selunite without her parents or you and probably won't recover. But if you have her go Dark Justiciar regardless of the parents choice and she doesn't get a random one liner during the epilogue, you never see her again. Add the fact that you just fell into the water and she never learned to swim and well... you can understand the implication lmao. There's bound to be people who legit thought she drowned.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 23/10/23 12:26 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I just want a happily ever after with Halsin, that is my selfish desire for this game

I want to live with him in the woods or a tiny settlement and I want my character to have his babies

I just want a happily ever after with Halsin, that is my selfish desire for this game

I want to live with him in the woods or a tiny settlement and I want my character to have his babies
We are all selfish people here. smile Well, many of us, I think.

Yes, SH/Halsin is a large problem. We here know about it.
Karlack situation is a pure mess (not going through details, since it is not her thread). I know Larian made some improvements, but, I guess, there is still a lot of work to do since comments are still being added.
I read Astarion thread and
it feels painfull to have nothing adequate for his "good" route, my second Tav will be heartbroken, and so will I. During my first playthrough I helped him to not become another monster, it seems right, and I will do the same with my second Tav, only because I can't be anything else but a good guy. Even knowing what will happen.
So... Yeah. Again, let us hope the situation becomes better.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Noelle666
I read Astarion thread and
it feels painfull to have nothing adequate for his "good" route, my second Tav will be heartbroken, and so will I. During my first playthrough I helped him to not become another monster, it seems right, and I will do the same with my second Tav, only because I can't be anything else but a good guy. Even knowing what will happen.
So... Yeah. Again, let us hope the situation becomes better.
Astarion's (ending spoilers for some companions)
non-ascended ending is not bad at all for him if you romance him. It's only the unromanced ending that's a mess. But then again, Shadowheart, Minthara and Halsin don't even have an ending unromanced. And Karlach's current ending unromanced (where she goes to Avernus with Wyll) is actually the best there is by a long shot, next to Gale's and Lae'zel's. But at least she'll have a 'romance' even without you. The implication for unromanced Shadowheart is just pure depression.
They just completely slept on the epilogue.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 23/10/23 01:26 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Im not against tragic endings really, but with Halsin its a huge bait and switch.

Theres no reason for him to just ride off into the sunset by himself when weve established a relationship with him.

veteran
veteran
Im not against tragic endings really, but with Halsin its a huge bait and switch.

Theres no reason for him to just ride off into the sunset by himself when weve established a relationship with him.
Agree!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Agree!

I guess theres always my mental fanfic of Tav and Halsin rebuilding the town in the Shadowlands with the orphans and other refugees

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Lol
I've almost finished a new game. And while the romance of Halsin is in such a sad state, I choose the Emperor.
A guy who literally read my thoughts, admires my new tentacles and offers to be something more than colleagues. Yes, the romance with him is short and incomplete, but he is the only guy who helped me, and did not bring problems the whole game. Thanks to Larian for the "real romance". They threw me into the arms of an octopus. cheer

old hand
old hand

He has that sad dialogue about being the last of his line, and I'm all over here, like... my Tav has a solution for that...

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

He has that sad dialogue about being the last of his line, and I'm all over here, like... my Tav has a solution for that...

This man makes my ovaries scream I swear, everything about him just screams family man and I cant handle it

old hand
old hand
IIRC he's the only male companion who seems like he even wants kids (Gale doesn't really like the idea, I'm not sure it ever comes up with Astarion or Wyll).

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
IIRC he's the only male companion who seems like he even wants kids (Gale doesn't really like the idea, I'm not sure it ever comes up with Astarion or Wyll).

To be fair babies probably arent relevant, though Im surprised Gale wouldnt want kids (I havent romanced him) Having just saved the world Id think they would want to relax and chill. But then again doesnt SH bring up the idea?

Doesnt keep me from fantasizing up a "surprise" for Halsin though. I wonder what his reaction would be?

N
addict
addict
N

To be fair babies probably arent relevant, though Im surprised Gale wouldnt want kids (I havent romanced him) Having just saved the world Id think they would want to relax and chill. But then again doesnt SH bring up the idea?

Doesnt keep me from fantasizing up a "surprise" for Halsin though. I wonder what his reaction would be?
She isn't male though, but she has some dialogue lines about kids(also some companion banter about Tav/SH/Kids that was cut I think).

old hand
old hand
I wonder what his reaction would be?

Act I/II Halsin or Act III Halsin? hahaha

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I wonder what his reaction would be?

Act I/II Halsin or Act III Halsin? hahaha

I imagine ActsI/II Halsin being shocked, happy, and apprehensive. Maybe even a little weepy. I imagine it veing a very emotional, vulnerable experience for him.

Who tf knows with act III Halsin, prolly will just do what he does in the end anyway. Wam bam thank you maam!

Page 70 of 93 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard