Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted by GenPlastro
Not sure if its ok to post info here, but googling "Baldur's Gate 3 Unlocked Console Fearless" should point you in the right direction. But yeah, i basically tricked the game into thinking both act 1 "endings" were completed at the same time, so she was alive in act 2, despite be killing her in act 1.

I wouldn't recommend doing this as a serious playthrough, as things get really wonky with story progression later on, with matters unrelated to Minthara. I was just testing to see how her character recruitment would work and i didn't want to redo act 1 in a evil way... lol

I don't need to go that far, I just need trigger that indicates if Minthara is alive or not.
There must be some later triggers, because you have the option to kill her after sex in the camp.

Originally Posted by GenPlastro
As for the developers being shocked, maybe i missed something in the Early Access period, but i feel they prioritized Companions that really don't have much of a fanbase?

I'm surprised too.
Everyone hates Wyll and what happened? He was completely redesigned.
Everyone loves Minthar, it's even the most popular topic on the forum.
And what happened? Minthara has practically almost no content…

G
stranger
stranger
G
Larian posted some stats and it seems Larian themselves are suprised at how many people disliked Astarion, the most rejected character it seems.

I am like "gee, you make a mostly jerk character and then your suprised most people dislike him? color me suprised"

Most romanced Shadowheart (no brainer, she is the traditional beauty looking lady) or Gale (a suprise for me, but i imagine most of the female fanbase went for his good looks, since hes also firmly on the tradional beauty spectrum!)

Both of those characters were also the most "normal" ones in terms of content, personality and plot, so its no suprise there. They were also characters that you cannot miss in the story.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Larian modus operandi has always been to rerelease the game a year later with essentially expansion-worthy content. This includes rewrites and voice recasting.

Take a look at Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. Theres hope that Bg3 will follow suit

L
addict
addict
L
God, tell me at least she has special dialogue if you are playing a cleric of Lolth or Eilistraee.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Leucrotta
God, tell me at least she has special dialogue if you are playing a cleric of Lolth or Eilistraee.

I don't know about those but she has special dialogue for the Dark Urge. It is especially nice dialogue if you try to resist the Urge

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
She has special dialogue if you are Drow, she has commented on me being drow and I have [Lolth-sworn] options in conversation with her (that I mostly haven't chosen as I'm RP-ing my character as an exile.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
I am not realistically expecting big changes to Minthara during Act 1 at this point.

However, I am hoping they can fix or restore what seems to be lacking with her interactions for Act 2 and 3.

It's not like there is nothing, to be fair, but currently comes across as either partially implemented or simply buggy.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ommadon
I am not realistically expecting big changes to Minthara during Act 1 at this point.

However, I am hoping they can fix or restore what seems to be lacking with her interactions for Act 2 and 3.

It's not like there is nothing, to be fair, but currently comes across as either partially implemented or simply buggy.

Given people are reporting you can good act 1, cheat to add her in act 2, and nothing broken happens, it sort of is realistic expecting the act 1 change that she escapes or etc at the end of the big fight, and then you discover in act 2 exactly as if you choose the bad option, and recruit her then, seems the most realistic change to include her in the game for everyone and starting foundation to updates/DLC/expansion turning her into a real companion? justified by now being available to all players.

Maybe just the quarter of players picking the 'evil' option for act 1 will give that justification, but just making her recruitable for all act 1 resolutions in MT's prison would be the most 'realistic' change to expect to fix her.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, as per a suggestion above I've merged four threads with feedback about Minthara into one and given the discussion a new generic name. Hopefully this will help folk find and add to the debate.

Remember to put spoilers in tags, though!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
stranger
stranger
S
I just wish we could get an official comment on whether she's working as intended right now. It SEEMS like she's probably seriously bugged, and I've had paused my 60+hour evil run because of it, but if she's not and just has no actual content/romance, it would be nice to know so I could just give up on her and continue on.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Okay, as per a suggestion above I've merged four threads with feedback about Minthara into one and given the discussion a new generic name. Hopefully this will help folk find and add to the debate.

Remember to put spoilers in tags, though!

Thank you

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok I have gotten to the end of the game with Minthara, there is a slight suggestion you are together, atleast as travelling companions at the end but nothing concrete. She likes that I'm a squid, and is sad she can never return home.
I am, surprised but how much of her content is seemingly random? Her interjections and comments are amazing, but throughout the game they are.. random? maybe you get her maybe you get another companion saying something in that slot. For a character you have to recruit in such a round a bout and unlikely to repeat in future playthroughs way, it is weird so much of her content will never be seen in one play through. I have seen a lot but likely missed even more, it's not often I died and reloaded to even notice that dialogue changed. How many times did Laz or Asta make a comment that there is also a Minthara comment that can trigger there but I'll never see?

It'd be good if when a companion had a line they could say, all companions would say their line not just one or two? so that voice acting and content isn't missed by random chance?
Additionally plenty of her lines are outside of dialogue, so you can miss them either by them not triggering or just through missing them, some of my favourite things she said were blink and their gone while walking around?

I am returning to my main point which is nothing about her story, arc or character is dependent on you killing the grove, that issue comes up in exactly one conversation, and she is fine with 'good' options after you recruit her as good options accrue allies and power, things she loves and she hates the absolute so, she would be fine with working with and being a member of a party that defeated her in Act 1, allying to power is her thing second thing after stopping the absolute, a good path act 1 Tav meets both those criteria.

So she NEEDS to be changed to be recruitable in Act 2 whether you side with absolute or grove in Act 1, have her escape or be knocked out or etc in act 1, so you can rescue her from the prison in act 2 no matter your act 1 choices. She works with that storyline, and having her viable for all playthroughs would allow her to be a fully fleshed out companion after updates!

Petition to have Minthara recruitable by players who side with the grove!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Also from tumblr, here is some datamining results on Minthara from the files

i extracted files and searched for Minthara's name, some snippets (I sadly cant see who says them AND its really hard to tell one line from another) and it shows the romance is either bugged or they cut it out of the game

its all jumbled up, so theres 100 % more i cant find, but it doesnt mention her name. i did not add lines i personally encountered in game

SPOILERS

pregnancy

So, Minthara has one in the proverbial oven?
I hope we're not finished with our current labours before Minthara drops her egg. War is the perfect nursery for a child.
Minthara with child… Somehow I can't picture her sitting around the campfire, knitting baby booties…
Minthara's pregnant. A new life, a little one, sprung from all this fuckin' chaos.

companions about/to minthara (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)

It's funny seeing you so smitten, Minthara. Didn't think you were able.
How curious - I've only ever known Minthara to moan with pleasure when somebody's losing a limb.
So, you and Minthara, is it? I suppose that little spark we shared has been snuffed out then. I don't blame you though - she is a… compelling prospect.
And you're carousing with Minthara.
Not interested in Minthara's leftovers, I'm afraid.
Any doubts about falling for a foe, Minthara? Or does that just add spice to things?
Minthara's something of a closed book, but I suspect a heart of gold lurks beneath that stern countenance.
So. You and Minthara. Wow. Impressive.
I bet Minthara is fun.
To choose Minthara over, well, anyone… It's certainly a brave decision. One might hazard to say reckless. Stupid. Fatal…
I hope you and Minthara are very happy together. Or miserable. Whatever she prefers.
Right. Well, far be it for me to stand in the way of true love. Or anything else Minthara wants, for that matter.
What about Minthara? Weren't you guys in some kind of horrific power play masquerading as romance?
Hey, so, what's romance like in the Underdark, Minthara?
And you favour Minthara, no less. I thought you valued yourself. Minthara certainly doesn't.

pc to/about minthara (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)

Amorous passions usually make people more considerate, Minthara. Kinder. Sympathetic. Better at cooperating.
Even my people know the value of a carefully crafted coalition, Minthara. Is our own alliance not a case in point?
Who do you love, Minthara?
I'm yours, Minthara.
I've decided to pursue a relationship with Minthara. I thought you should know.
You've judged my affections wrongly - I am much closer to Minthara!
It was only sex, Minthara. Do you have to be so dramatic?
I'll do it. Just please - don't hurt Minthara.
Yes. I'm yours, Minthara.
She comes in here, into our camp, and lays hands on my Minthara?!
We'll find your family, Minthara. And slaughter them. Would you enjoy that?
You think I'm beautiful? Oh, Minthara.

narrator (GUESSED BY ME!! IT DOESNT SAY WHO!!)

You slept with the drow Minthara. You pleased her.
The guard is happy to let you pass - Minthara is rather less happy about your choice of words.
You slip into Minthara's mind while all her attention is focused on saving her own skin. You can feel her guilt everywhere, writhing and churning. All it takes is one little push…

idk

Who knows how long the real Minthara has been strapped to Orin's altar? We owe it to her to bring her back safely. She would do no less for you or I.
You're that True Soul that's been chumming around with Minthara, aren't you?
Care to share any of Minthara's weaknesses? Or would it take too long to go through them all?
And Minthara is - eh. A friend of yours, I am sure.
Distract her with thoughts of your night with Minthara.
Orin, masquerading as Minthara… That certainly explains her vociferous antipathy towards me.
And what more beautiful terror can there be than that wrought by Minthara and her love?
Why so surprised? Minthara murdered her way out of the womb.
I'm glad to know you have a softer side, Minthara. I was beginning to think you rather heartless.
Minthara Baenre. It is fair to say her intimacy is not easily won. Nevertheless, I did. Tried. (ORIN??)
My good friend Minthara is the funniest person I know.
Orin thinks Minthara's abduction is an ultimatum to kill Gortash.

status

Partnered with Minthara
Orin abducted Minthara. She told us that she'll release her if we kill Gortash.
Minthara is in Orin's clutches.

searching for "baenre"

It is true. Surface food lacks flavour. House Baenre banquets were legendary.
https://www.tumblr.com/minthara/725488262015238144/i-extracted-minthara-files-and-searched-for-her

Last edited by Starshine; 12/08/23 11:45 PM.

G
stranger
stranger
G
So... Minthara was supposed to have a pregnancy plot...

Shades of Aerie all over... kinda sad it was not included!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Starshine
Ok I have gotten to the end of the game with Minthara, there is a slight suggestion you are together, atleast as travelling companions at the end but nothing concrete. She likes that I'm a squid, and is sad she can never return home.
I am, surprised but how much of her content is seemingly random? Her interjections and comments are amazing, but throughout the game they are.. random? maybe you get her maybe you get another companion saying something in that slot. For a character you have to recruit in such a round a bout and unlikely to repeat in future playthroughs way, it is weird so much of her content will never be seen in one play through. I have seen a lot but likely missed even more, it's not often I died and reloaded to even notice that dialogue changed. How many times did Laz or Asta make a comment that there is also a Minthara comment that can trigger there but I'll never see?

It'd be good if when a companion had a line they could say, all companions would say their line not just one or two? so that voice acting and content isn't missed by random chance?
Additionally plenty of her lines are outside of dialogue, so you can miss them either by them not triggering or just through missing them, some of my favourite things she said were blink and their gone while walking around?

I am returning to my main point which is nothing about her story, arc or character is dependent on you killing the grove, that issue comes up in exactly one conversation, and she is fine with 'good' options after you recruit her as good options accrue allies and power, things she loves and she hates the absolute so, she would be fine with working with and being a member of a party that defeated her in Act 1, allying to power is her thing second thing after stopping the absolute, a good path act 1 Tav meets both those criteria.

So she NEEDS to be changed to be recruitable in Act 2 whether you side with absolute or grove in Act 1, have her escape or be knocked out or etc in act 1, so you can rescue her from the prison in act 2 no matter your act 1 choices. She works with that storyline, and having her viable for all playthroughs would allow her to be a fully fleshed out companion after updates!

Petition to have Minthara recruitable by players who side with the grove!

It was a good idea to marry Minthara and have children if Larian is waiting for feedback - I liked it

I fully agree that Minthara should be recruited regardless of the decisions in the first act. Plus, when recruiting, you need to give a big bonus to approval, considering that we saved her life. The kind that could have garnered the entire first act if she'd been in the party.

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Starshine

Yes exactly, this is my main gripe with Minthara. Later on we discover that she would fit perfectly in our group and that she isn't more evil than Astarion or Lae'zel.
Everytime I see snippets of gameplay from other people (Reddit screenshots, clips etc...), I'm always getting confronted with hints (doing a good playthrough, wearing her armor or simply watching them shoving her into the abyss) that they killed her. Of course everyone plays the game how they want, but each time I witness someone experiencing this game, I get the thought "Oh, they killed my favourite character, nice." Every time.

Every other companion is signaling "Hey, it's worth sticking to this character, they could become an ally", but Minthara is just one of three goblin leaders. The punching bag of Baldurs Gate 3.

It's really sad she is locked behind the psycho evil path. After recruiting her she isn't even on that path anymore (which is good for her), but then why do we have to do it in the first place.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
From the looks of it, it's not just that most of her content is buggy, reliant on random chance and restricted to players who do the 'go undercover by killing lots of allies for no reason' route, but datamining is showing , ALOT , of cut content, presumable voice acted and just not implemented.

aforementioned baby
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]
is maybe the most interesting because it has implications about the games timeline? even though it's sort of weird that the most lesbian coded character, who her whole plot being revenge on her ex lover, had the pregnancy plotline it's still, at one point in development they had major content for her that's just... turned to smoke and blown away by release?

But stuff like this makes the demand she be included in not killing the grove playthroughs and fleshed out with more content stronger as it suggests most of the work/time/cost towards making her a full companion is already done!

veteran
veteran
Minthara is a lovely character but her confidence is just utterly destroyed after you rescue her. Which is a great pity because she is so glorious in act 1. I truly expected her to be way more enthusiastic about stabbing in the later acts. Hell Shadowheart really grows into her own very very well...demanding she get to do some stabbing and then she unflinchingly stands with the dark urge later on. There is the small matter of Shar wanting her to give up everyone and everything else in her name but no matter, that I can work with and I can fix...there are solutions to that problem. Even Jaheira pleasantly surprised me, while extremely misguided and idealistic she is still quite enthusiastic about stabbing. But Minthara just seems broken and I don't know what to do about it. You know that meme that reads "come on, do something" that shows a stick figure poking something or someone with a stick? That's how I feel with Minthara.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Minthara actually does quite alot but the game is entirely arbitrary about whether you get to see it or not, I was quite lucky as I got her interjecting and commenting the most out of all the companions I had. But it's entirely random, when the game has a place where companions can comment, it doesn't play all of them, usually it only plays one, so unless it randomly chooses Minthara then you miss out on that Minthara line and because you don't know when they are going to come you can't just re-roll every convo with quick saving and loading until you get it.

She is definetly confident, she has great lines about taking on the gods and how everyone before you has failed because they were weak, she'll survive.
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8ba43b5...b07f9e85e95cbab77f3519d97ea229d6501a.pnj[/img]

She's a character I love enough to keep coming back to this forum to advocate for her expansion precisely because she does have amazing lines, confidence, desire to stab and characterisation throughout the game. It just needs to be delivered more consistently and expanded with companion quests like every other (bar minsc) companion has.

edit: idk why that image link isnt working. wrong file type?
heres some more Minthara dialogue (sadly images can't convey how excellent the VA work is.

Last edited by Starshine; 13/08/23 09:59 AM.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
So - it is possible to resolve the Druid/Tiefling thing peacefully via the Kagha questline. But then just ignore her room in the Stronghold. You can get Halsin out and kill the other 2 bosses just leave her be. I don't think you would get the Camp party scene since not killing her means you don't finish the quest line...but Halsin is out, all of your Tieflins are alive, and so is MInthara. Would Halsin still join you? And would Minthara be there in Act 2 to recruit?

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard